weihui_wang
Contributor I

hi,  NXP experts, 

My development env is  as below: 

1. window 10.  

2. MCUXpressIDE MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12]

3.  i.MXRT1052 EVBK.

4.  debug probe:  Keil Ulink2  CMSIS-DAP

5. Attached picture shows  development board and debug probe.  

6. Tera terminal  is opened for  USB-to-UART console.

It is noticed that I can not have demo app  of  "hello world" to run normally  on this board in this circumstance.  

There is no "hello world" output  on Tera terminal and no same output in  IDT console.  In the meanwhile,  it seems that it is not quite right with debugger function in this case.  Detail info can refer to the attached files. 

Is there some thing wrong when setting up my  development env for this board?  Could some expert give some advice on it?  If there is some extra info needed for addressing this issue, please let me know.  

Thanks,

Weihui Wang 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Weihui Wang,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Firstly, please refer to i.MX RT1052 Developer's Kit User's Guide to assure the hardware setup is correct.
2) i.MX RT1052/1062 Developer's Kit Program Development Guide presents how to program the demo code to EcoXiP flash memory, please refer to it too.
3) In addition, I'd like to suggest you debug the 'hello world' in MCUXpresso IDE to figure the issue out.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

weihui_wang
Contributor I

hi, Jeremy,   

Thanks  in advance for your feedback.  

I have followed up the  i.MX RT1052 developer's kit User's guide and   program development guide  to setup  IDE env and  HW setup.   For the purpose of double checking,  I will share related info  below step by step.  

1. in IDE, import   SDK demo apps as below.

xip flash  size and  driver have been  updated   according to development kit manual.   

drivers in   SDK xip directory  has been replaced  with conformity with  guide.   

2.   After project is imported,  the status screen is as below.   

3.  Then build this project, there is no error info. refer to the picture below.   

4. Then connect Ulink2  and usb-to-serial to oem board. These devices works well.  Tera  terminal is used to capture serial output.  

debug probe is connected  normally and refer to the picture above.   

5. Then run debug session about this project.  Then meet the error below.   

5.  in the debug window,  there is no  main() function to show either.  

BTW, this board can work normally  before debugging this  hello world  project.  After it powers up this board,  there is  log output to   serial console and in the meanwhile,  LCD can work normally and show  some hints.   

It is hoped that  the info above can help you addressing this issue.   If there is some extra info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your kind support, 

Weihui Wang

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Weihui Wang,

Thanks for your reply.
I think you forget to attach the figures, as I can't load them actually.

pastedImage_1.png
In further, I'd like to know whether you give a try to debug other demo projects in the SDK library, and can you debug them successfully?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

weihui_wang
Contributor I

hi,  Jeremy, 

Thanks a lot your kindly response.  Actually, I have attached the captured screens in the thread above. However, it seems that it does not uploaded these pictures.    Anyway,  I   supplement these  captured  screens  info for your reference in this reply.   

1052_setup_4.jpg

1052_setup_15.jpg1052_setup_17.jpg1052_setup_18.png1052_setup_19.jpg1052_setup_10.jpg1052_setup_11.jpg1052_setup_13.jpg1052_setup_20.jpg1052_setup_22.jpg1052_setup_23.jpg

If some extra info is needed to address this issue, please let me know.  Due to the fact of network loading speed,  these pictures  are not loaded  with original sequence.   

Thanks a lot, 

Weihui Wang

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Weihui Wang,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your reply.
According to your sharing, I still can't figure it out, so I was wondering if you can upload the hello_world demo project.
In further, I'd like to know whether you give a try to debug other demo projects in the SDK library, and can you debug them successfully?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos