Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger error with 'Empty board files' projects

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm trying to run my first simple programs on i.MXRT1064 EVK board (in default/factory hardware configuration) using MCUXpresso.
I can flash and debug various demo apps from SDK. If I create new project with all defalults in 'new project wizard' AND with 'Default board files' it compiles and I can debug the same as example projects.

If I create a new project with all defaults from 'new project wizard' but with 'Empty board files': it builds with no errors but I got error while trying debugging "Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: Success.".
I've attached the screenshot with this error. After such error I can't also mass erase the flash: it ends with 'Unable to perform operation! Command failed with exit code 1'.

When I then switch to SDK demo app or project with 'Default board files' everything works.

How to configure simplest new project to be able to debug it in MCUXpresso without this error ???

Thanks for help
Maciek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Maciek ,

Thanks for the updated information, from your picture, seems the flashdriver is wrong.

Anyway, if you have any new issues in the future, welcome to create the new question post.

Best Regards,

kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maciek
Contributor V

Solved.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Maciek ,

Thanks for the updated information, from your picture, seems the flashdriver is wrong.

Anyway, if you have any new issues in the future, welcome to create the new question post.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi, @kerryzhou 

yes, flash driver is not set by default when creating 'Empty board files' project.

Thanks

Maciek

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

So, after you select the flashdriver, issue resolved, right?

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case.

Any issues in the future, welcome to create the new question post.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos