Custom IMXRT1050 board boots when flashed via SWD but not over USB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom IMXRT1050 board boots when flashed via SWD but not over USB

mukelarvin
Contributor IV

We have a new PCB that uses the IMXRT1050. I am able to flash images onto QSPI memory while debugging over SWD in MCUexpresso, however the device won't work when I flash the same .axf over USB with the MCUBootUtility. We did not have this issue with earlier prototypes of the board.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Based on the images that you attached, I assumed that the connection between the MCUBootUtility tool and your board works correctly. The problem is that the image is not working properly, is my understanding correct? Did you make the proper memory configurations in the MCUBootUtility tool before flashing your image? 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos

mukelarvin
Contributor IV

Yeah it feels like MCUBootUtility can read/write without any problems.

Our project uses the generic QSPI flash driver. The chip is AT25QF128A-SHB-T.

mukelarvin_1-1623078966003.png

In MCUBootUtility I am using the ISSI_IS25 configuration because I couldn't find a generic QSPI config.

mukelarvin_0-1623078807009.png

That config has worked for us on both the EVKB and the first revision of our board. Just our most recent board revision is having this issue.

Does the MCUBootUtility make changes to the flash configuration or is that stored in the .axf generated by MCUExpresso?

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

When you use the MCUBootUtility, in MCUXpresso IDE, you have to disable the symbol XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE. 

victorjimenez_0-1623190288268.png

When doing this, the flash configuration block will be deactivated automatically. This will be programmed by the MCUBootUitlity later on. 

victorjimenez_1-1623190373344.png

What hardware changes did you make between the first revision of your board and the current? 

0 Kudos

mukelarvin
Contributor IV

I tried reading the flash memory contents using the MCUBootUtility. There are some differences between the contents when flashed via SWD and USB around 0x1000. Is that still part of the FCFB or the DCD?

85613d4b-25fa-417c-95be-0605c6fc2449.png

0 Kudos