Current consumption on 1.8V supplies of RT685

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current consumption on 1.8V supplies of RT685

jacobvecht
Contributor II

I am trying to estimate the power consumption of an RT685 system that I am designing. AN13468, table 10, and RT685_powerlab_kl_sb.pdf both show a currents of "VDD1V8_DRV" as a function of the RAM partition number. I cannot see a definition of "VDD1V8_DRV" anywhere, besides, RAM is powered by Vcore. Surely these currents are core currents from supplies of Vcore (about 1V) and not currents of any 1.8V supply. Am I right to assume that these are core currents, and that therefore the two references to "VDD1V8_DRV current" should be corrected to "Vcore current" ?  

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for the patience.

I got below feedback from RT600 product engineer:

VDD1V8_DRV is what supplies the internal LDO. For those measurements I believe they used the internal LDO for VDDCORE, so VDD1V8_DRV == VDDCORE. I can see how that can get confusing since we don't document VDD1V8_DRV and is not accessible in any of our packages. I agree with you, it should be changed to core current. We will submit an internal ticket to change this.

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

I am checking with internal product team about those questions. I will update this thread when there with any feedback. Thank you for the patience.

best regards,

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

I am checking with internal product team about those questions. I will update this thread when there with any feedback. Thank you for the patience.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos