Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contents in the QSPI NOR FLASH changed after Reset device in Boot Utility v2.3

Jump to solution
huangkenny
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm facing one weird question that the content of the flash will be changed if I reset the device or do the power cycle of the unit.

Here's my procedure:

1. I select the bin file built from MCUXpresso and then write into the QSPI flash, after that, I verified by click the Read button, and check that the contents and the location of FDCB/IVT/Bodt data/DCD are correct.

2020-09-23 09_32_04-NXP MCU Boot Utility v2.3.0.png

2. I click the Reset device then reconnect to the chip, and click the Read directly, this time I will see my FDCB contents being put to the +0x400 location

2020-09-23 09_39_36-readbackBootDeviceMemory.dat _--_ readbackBootDeviceMemory_prev.dat - Hex Compar.png

This will make my device cannot boot from the beginning of the Flash since there's no data on the 0x30000000

I have tried several times but all same result, I would like to know if there's any settings wrong that will result in this issue?

Attached I dump two files into .dat, with compare tool you will find only the location of FDCB data changed others leave unchanged.

Thanks a lot.

Kenny

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi kenny,

RT1170 is not released yet. We haven't its document and EVK. We can answer some simple or common questions. But most questions are hard to answer without documents and EVK. You'd better escalate this questions to your DFAE or agent. Let them ask to NXP AE team.

Regards,

Jing 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi kenny,

RT1170 is not released yet. We haven't its document and EVK. We can answer some simple or common questions. But most questions are hard to answer without documents and EVK. You'd better escalate this questions to your DFAE or agent. Let them ask to NXP AE team.

Regards,

Jing 

0 Kudos
huangkenny
Contributor II

Alright, I'll get back to DFAE for those questions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos