Connect Camera to i.MX RT685 EVK for Computer Vision Application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Camera to i.MX RT685 EVK for Computer Vision Application

mgandhi
Contributor II

I'm interested in prototyping a computer vision application on the RT685 EVK.  I plan on using the eIQ Glow toolchain to run a computer vision model.  Since the EVK doesn't come with a camera or camera connector, is there a recommended way to connect a camera?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mgandhi
Contributor II

Ok. Thanks.  Does NXP have any recommendations for a camera?  Are there any documented integrations with a I2C or SPI camera?  Perhaps an application note or blog.  If NXP doesn't have anything perhaps a community effort or blog.  This will help me get started.  

Given the performance numbers that NXP is promoting during its webinars covering the GLOW AI model compiler, it would be really helpful to have a starting point for integrating a camera with the board. 

Appreciate the help!  

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Not a problem. First I'd recommend to check the advantages that you might have in using the RT106x family that also supports the eIQ Glow. Here you have the parallel camera sensor interface and the camera we use is the MT9M114. Here is an application note for reference:

Developing a Camera Application with i.MX

AN12110Software.zip

For the i.MXRT 6xx family there are no examples using an alternative camera interface such as I2C or SPI. This implementation will have to be custom for your application.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

The RT6xx family does not have multimedia connectivity for a camera interface as other RT families such as the RT106x. 

If you would like to continue to work with the RT6xx then I'd recommend to choose a camera that is capable of communication via I2C, SPI, etc.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos