Clock gating on IMXRT1050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock gating on IMXRT1050

william_lyons
Contributor III

I'm working with an imxrt1052 and starting to look at reducing power consumption by turning off clocks and peripherals that I don't need. I'm having a little confusion after reading the Reference Manual which states in the CCM Clock Gating Register section:

"Module should be stopped, before set its bits to "0"; clocks to the module will be stopped immediately."

But I can find no mention of how to stop a module. Specifically I'm starting with the CSI (CMOS Sensor Interface) and LCDIF (LCD Interface) modules because I have neither a camera nor and LCD in this design so I can definitely turn those off. However, the question applies more broadly of how do I turn off an arbitrary module/peripheral?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello william_lyons,

I agree that the wording may not be very clear, but it refers at halting any tasks or communication on the peripheral before gating the clock, as gating the clock will stop the module.

The following document may also be of helps as it provides a general overview of the i.MXRT clock.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT-s-System-Clocks/ta-p/1151118

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos