表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Choosing the right CMSIS folder in SDKv2.12

ソリューションへジャンプ
840件の閲覧回数
yf2
Contributor III

Dear support,

I am learning i.MXRT development wiith MCUXpresso SDK v2.12 and RT1170-EVK and my development host is Ubuntu 16 and my debug probe is JLink OB.

I noticed that there are two CMSIS folders in the SDK:

$ find -type d -name CMSIS
./middleware/eiq/tensorflow-lite/third_party/cmsis/CMSIS
./CMSIS

It seems that the CMSIS under eiq contains a newer version of CMSIS-NN but the Core and DSP folders contain header files only. So this CMSIS looks incomplete compared to the one under SDK root folder? Does it still depend on the CMSIS component under SDK root folder?

I also noticed the CMSIS folder in SDK root also looks different as SDKv2.11 but couldn't find change logs. Within SDKv2.11 the CMSIS-DSP uses library dependency but in SDKv2.12 this changes to source dependency and the pre-built library are gone.

Can you please teach:

- Should I stick to the CMSIS under SDK root if I am not using eiq component?

- How can we generate similar binary library like libarm_cortexM7lfsp_math.a in SDKv2.11 from the sources? Exact flags for ARMGCC is needed so that to have equivlent performance.

Regards,

yf2

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
806件の閲覧回数
CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi @yf2 This is because some examples require older versions to work, that's why you will find different versions in the SDK, however, you use the one that suits you best or that you think is more appropriate for your project.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
3 返答(返信)
807件の閲覧回数
CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi @yf2 This is because some examples require older versions to work, that's why you will find different versions in the SDK, however, you use the one that suits you best or that you think is more appropriate for your project.

0 件の賞賛
798件の閲覧回数
yf2
Contributor III

@CarlosGarabito 

one more thing, suppose I need features in newer CMSIS library, can I simply take the new version from CMSIS github site directly? or I must wait until MCUXpresso SDK updates to the new version?

0 件の賞賛
786件の閲覧回数
CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yf2, well, in case that you need a newer library from ARM, you can follow the steps that suggest Erich Styger in his blog MCUOnEclipse, it's a little bit old, but it still functionality https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/02/14/tutorial-using-the-arm-cmsis-library/

But if it no works, i suggest you wait a release of SDK

Have a good day

0 件の賞賛