Can't import lwip demo apps into mcuxpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import lwip demo apps into mcuxpresso

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello I am using MCUXpresso IDE, version v10.1.0 [Build 589] [2017-11-14] with an RT1050 SDK, version  2.3.0 (2017-11-16).  I am unable to import any of the lwip demo applications.  They do not show up in the Quickstart "Import SDK Examples" menu nor can they be imported via Import "Existing Projects Into Workspace" or "Import Project(s) From XML Description" though the project folders do appear to contain project .xml descriptor files.  I am guessing the .xml files they do contain are for an older version of the IDE or different IDE and are no longer valid.

Attempts at manually reconstructing the projects via copying the files into an existing project along with lwip and FreeRTOS file trees has had mixed results.

Any insight into why I can't work with these projects would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

davidtietz
Contributor III

It looks like SDK version 2.4 now supports lwip.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

I have confirmed with AE team, and lwIP on MCUXpresso will be available until the next release of SDK for i.MX RT on the first half of 2018.

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tsantzi
Contributor III

Hello,

Apologies for piggybacking the thread, but I was wondering whether there has been any progress on this? Is there any way we can have a working MCUXpresso example project that uses lwip?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nikolaos,

On MCUXpresso, lwIP it is not available yet, but you can use it on Keil or IAR IDEs.

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

I have internally asked if the lwIP is whether supported or not on the MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX RT. I will post an update as soon as having news.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos