cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't debug imxrt1060evk

Secad
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using an IMXRT1060EVK to develop a LVGL application. Next week, the debugger has crashed during the downloading (with the Freelink interface) and I can't debug anymore.

I can download a bin file on the IMXRT by using the USB OTG of the IMXRT1060 and MCU Boot Utility. I can download a bin file by using Freelink interface and GUI Flash tool but I can't enter on debug mode with the Freelink interface or with a Pemicro Multilink.

The SWD should work as I can download a bin file with the Freelink interface and GUI Flash tool...

Do you have an idea for this debug problem.

Cheers.

Cédric

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Secad
Contributor II

Hi,

We can't enter on debug mode with demo project and SW4 set to serial downloader.

There is probably an option that has changed after the crash, but I can't get it...

Cheers.

Cédric

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Whether you can enter a debug mode when testing a sample demo, for example, hello_world demo in the SDK library.
And you also can try to mass erase the flash prior to giving a debug again.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Secad
Contributor II

Hi,

We have done a mass erase and try to debug the hello_world demo. We have the following error:

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select extended-remote localhost:10989

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:10989: Connection timed out.

The second time we debug the program, we have this message:

0 available SWD Device detected. Connect a device and try again.

Cheers.

Cédric

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
It seems a bit weird, maybe you can try to update the firmware prior to giving a debug again.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Maybe you can try this trick to recover.
1) Set the SW7 to Serial Downloader.
2) Power on the board, debug the demo project.
3) After that, power off and recover the SW7 to the previous set, then power on again.
4) Give a debug again.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos