cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i.MXRT106x parallel bus support 16bit@40Mhz

eyals
Contributor I

Hi,

in my design, I need to sample a 16-bit parallel bus with at least 40MHz (higher is preferred).
I need to know if the i.MXRT106x family can support 16 bit parallel bus and this sample rate.

Thanks

Eyal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eyal,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please clarify the purpose of the 16-bit parallel bus that you would like to work with. Is it for camera interface, memory,etc?

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

eyals
Contributor I

Hi Sabina,

I still haven’t got answer to my question.

Eyal

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response, I missed your last update.

On the iMXRT106x, it is possible to work with the flexible I/O,it has the capacity to work with a 16 bit parallel interface as needed. The FLEXIO 1/2 are limited to 120MHZ clock source, where the FLEXIO 3 supports fast clock source which is clocked from ahb_clock_root, same to core clock. There some examples using the FLEXIO in the SDK, however implementation for 16 bit parallel interface would have to be done by customer. 

Here are some reference documents that might help you:

AN12240 

AN5313 

AN12174 

Understanding FlexIO 

In addition, I found a post similar to yours, is that the recommendation was to use the "CMOS Sensor Interface". This has a 16-bit parallel interface. Only consider this option if you are working with a similar sensor commonly used with the CSI.

The post you can refer to is the following it is for a different device but the concept is similar. 

There are examples created using the CSI module, however these are made to use with a camera. In the case that you would like to attempt using this module, you would have to consider what your data is and how it is interpreted. As well, as the drivers that are created already for the CSI and make the appropriate modifications to work with your application. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

eyals
Contributor I

Hi Sabina,

I need to connect it to external ADC.

The ADC I’m working with can sample analog channel at 40MHz and send the samples on a 12bit parallel bus.

I know the i.MXRT has internal ADC, but it doesn’t work at this rate.

Eyal

0 Kudos