cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can download MIMXRT Image with uuu

zhangjunsheng
Contributor III

Hi,

I am exploring the downloading on MIMXRT1064-EVK. I can make the downloading working with both MCUXpresso GUI and command line tools. As I find uuu can detected the device when device is in serial download mode, so I am interested if the image can be downloaded with uuu tool.

My basic understanding is downloading the images to a certain address with uuu make will make thing work, but actually it does not work.

uuu SDP: write -f evkmimxrt1064_evk.axf -addr 0x70000000 -offset 0x10000

But I find in serial download mode, the image can be downloaded with GUI MCUXpresso tool. So I would like to confirm if the image can be downloaded with uuu tool.

%exe% --flash-load-exec %image% -x %part% --flash-dir %flash% -g --debug 2 --vendor NXP -p MIMXRT1064xxxxA --ConnectScript RT1064_connect.scp -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 --flash-hashing

No mater can or can not, please help to share more information the detail works MCUXpresso download tool do so to help me to understand the difference.

Best regards.

Johnson

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Johnson,

The Universal Update Utility supports the i.MX processors, but do not support the i.MXRT series.

Howeverm there are tools that provide similar functionality like the MCU Boot Flasher, which you may obtain from the link below:

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootFlasher

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

zhangjunsheng
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo:

Much thanks for the information shared. It help me a lot.

NXP-MCUBootFlasher is not the tool matching my expectation best as it requires install a lot of python plug in and will be trouble when introducing to manufacturing. I am looking forward a simplest command line tool or tool set similiar to uuu. However I get the low level tools from NXP-MCUBootFlasher: elftosb, sdphost and blhost, it looks they can meet my expectation.

I make the tools working with a batch file from convert axf file to bin with elftosb, download and boot up flashloader bootloader with sdphost and program flash with dlhost.

But I encounter the coverting issue when I enable DCD, when I try to use elftosb for the axf file with DCD data, elftosb crashed. I use both Linux and Windows version of elftosb, elftosb reports 'segment fault'. so I have two requeries if you can help:

1. provide a sample axf file and bd file for elftosb use, image to be downloaded to flash instead of RAM. so I can check what I am wrong.

2. can I get the source code of elftosb version 4.0? I get 2.x version from git hub, but it does not handle '-f imx' so I can not know why 'segment fault' happens.

I also noted there is an GUI tool can convert axf to bin: MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning v3. But unluckly I can not run with below error reported:

wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "strcmp(setlocale(0, 0), "C") == 0" failed at ..\..\src\common\intl.cpp(1694) in wxLocale::GetInfo(): You probably called setlocale() directly instead of using wxLocale and now there is a mismatch between C/C++ and Windows locale.
Things are going to break, please only change locale by creating wxLocale objects to avoid this!
[2416] Failed to execute script securep

Best regards.

Johnson

0 Kudos