CANopen FLEXCAN Changing peripherals

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANopen FLEXCAN Changing peripherals

ahmed_mostafa
Contributor II

I'd like to use the CANopen SDK demo that comes with MCUXpresso (for the EVKMIMMXRT1060) but I would like to change the peripheral from FLEXCAN_2 to FLEXCAN_1. What are all the steps i need to do to change the demo code to output the CAN signals from the FLEXCAN_1 peripheral? Specifically, I'd like to use these two pins:

CAN1TX---GPIO_AD_B1_08

CAN1RX---GPIO_AD_B1_09

Please advise me as to all the steps I would need to do to configure this peripheral and get CAN signals out of it.

I've already modified the BOARD_InitPins() function in the pin_mix.c file and added these commands:

IOMUXC_SetPinMux(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_08_FLEXCAN1_TX,       /* GPIO_AD_B0_14 is configured as FLEXCAN2_TX */
      1U);                                    /* Software Input On Field: Force input path of pad GPIO_AD_B1_08 */
  IOMUXC_SetPinMux(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_09_FLEXCAN1_RX,       /* GPIO_AD_B0_15 is configured as FLEXCAN2_RX */
      1U);                                    /* Software Input On Field: Force input path of pad GPIO_AD_B1_09 */

IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_08_FLEXCAN1_TX,       /* GPIO_AD_B1_08 PAD functional properties : */
      0x10B0u);                               /* Slew Rate Field: Slow Slew Rate
                                                 Drive Strength Field: R0/6
                                                 Speed Field: medium(100MHz)
                                                 Open Drain Enable Field: Open Drain Disabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Enable Field: Pull/Keeper Enabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Select Field: Keeper
                                                 Pull Up / Down Config. Field: 100K Ohm Pull Down
                                                 Hyst. Enable Field: Hysteresis Disabled */
  IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_09_FLEXCAN1_RX,       /* GPIO_AD_B1_09 PAD functional properties : */
      0x10B0u);                               /* Slew Rate Field: Slow Slew Rate
                                                 Drive Strength Field: R0/6
                                                 Speed Field: medium(100MHz)
                                                 Open Drain Enable Field: Open Drain Disabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Enable Field: Pull/Keeper Enabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Select Field: Keeper
                                                 Pull Up / Down Config. Field: 100K Ohm Pull Down
                                                 Hyst. Enable Field: Hysteresis Disabled */

What else do I need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahmed,

This seems to be a duplicated thread. Please check https://community.nxp.com/thread/531205 

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos