Build dsp project fail for SDK2.8.2 using Xtensa Xplorer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build dsp project fail for SDK2.8.2 using Xtensa Xplorer

SSFG1992
Contributor I

I am trying to get started with Xtensa Xplorer for RT685. I have some problems when I followed the doc named Getting Started with Xplorer for MIMXRT600.

1.          1.6 Program LPC-Link2 with SEGGER J-Link

Doc indicate there will be two COM ports after reprograme LPC-Link2 with Segger J-Link. I have reprogramed the LPC-Link2 with Segger J-Link successfully, but there is only one COM port named JLink CDC UART Port in PC device manger. 

2.          3.3 Prepare DSP Core for ‘Hello World’

Some errs occured when building the dsp_hello_word_hifi4 project.  All build information is on the picture, so how can I solve these problems?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

JeffChang
Contributor III

Hi,

Suggest to re-build SDK and select all the middleware and all toolchains. Because your SDK have not found the below path. 

SDK_2.8.2_EVK-MIMXRT685\devices\MIMXRT685S\xtensa\

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please see my answers below:

1. You should not see two COM ports and this is not stated in the doc. Maybe the confusion was because of the last picture in that section. What you see on your board is correct.

2. Hello World example this demo is designed to be run through the Xtensa simulator and you need special license for that. There are some other issues in our last SDK release that have already been reported to the SDK team so if you have a previous version I recommend you to use it.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos