Booting up i.MX RT1060

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting up i.MX RT1060

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Hello, I bought the evaluation board for i.MX RT1060 couple of months and have been looking at the various demo sample code. I think I understand the basics now.

I want to now start developing my own PCB with i.MX RT1060 on it and establish some basic functions like UART, SDIO. I have the following questions.

(1) What are the minimum power and clock pins which I need to power up in order to turn the i.MX RT1060 ON?

(2) Where can I find the recommended values of all the pull-up resistors and capacitors which sit on various pins. Is there any guide available?

(3) How can I flash my code from MCUXpresso without an evaluation board? Are there any hardware programmers I can plug into USB on my laptop and connect the other side of the programmer into i.MX RT1060.

Basically, I am looking for the minimum setup which is required to power up and flash a standalone i.MX RT1060.

Regards,

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at my comments below.

ALL power (GND) pins of the i.MX RT1060 must be connected.

24 MHz (XTALI/XTALO) clock source must be applied.

Use Hardware Development Guide for the MIMXRT1050/MIMXRT1060 Processor.

< https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MIMXRT105060HDUG.pdf >

The Flashloader is recommended for user’s applications burning.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FLASHLOADER-RT106x-1-GA&appType=license 

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Hi Yuri, I went through the documentation for the FlashLoader. It's basically a tool to flash images into the processor.

However, what I am looking for is the hardware setup required for flashing, without working on the i.MX RT1060 evaluation board.

So let's say, I buy i.MX RT1060 from Digikey or some other provider, after connecting it's various power, GND and clock pins, what other connections do I need between the i.MX RT1060 chip and my host laptop USB port? Is there any hardware guide for this?

I am looking for something similar to the following guide, which is for AVR ATMega328 hobby microcontroller, but it covers end to end what set up is required to power up and program the microcontroller and have your first program running.

Breadboarding and Programming the ATmega328P & ATtiny45 in Atmel Studio 7 

Is there anything similar available for i.MX RT1060 if I have to build everything from scratch, i.e. without using the evaluation board. I already have the evaluation board but I want to start building my own PCB with i.MX RT1060 on it.

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The i.MX RT flashloader / MfgTools can be used to flash applications for the i.MX RT, using 
only i.MX RT USB OTG port. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Yuri, thanks a lot for your reply. This is a good starting point. Yes, I did stumble upon the hardware development guide. It's really helpful. I will read up on Flashloader next.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!