Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot from SDRAM issue

Jump to solution
shaileshnsec
Contributor II

Hi, 

We are working on LCD of MIMXRT 1052 EVKB board and using SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050. For this example project RGB uses SDRAM linker file MIMXRT1052xxxxx_sdram.icf.

We have created our own project on IAR where we are not using any startup file. We have created our own vector table and assign to SCB->VTOR register. When using MIMXRT1052xxxxx_ram.icf linker file, everything is working fine on LCD but the image size is not correct(this is not the problem) as memory is not sufficient . To correct image size need to use SDRAM linker file but when I put code in debug mode using this SDRAM linker file it goes to hardware fault or reset. Seems SDRAM is not initialized so system not able to boot.

Kindly let me knowhow to use SDRAM linker file and boot system.

Thanks/Shailesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Do you have any example code to update text on LCD or Image loading in LCD ?
-- To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to either emWin or LVGL demo in the SDK library.
2) I can see in SDK_2.3.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050 example given sd_jpeg but seems discontinued in SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050. Could you please provide for SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050 version also?
-- Please import the sd_jpeg demo as the below figure shows.

jeremyzhou_0-1623059538931.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hI,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
After selecting the sdram_debug option, I run the elcdif_rgb demo on the MIMXRT1050, actually, it can work well and I've not encountered the issue you mentioned.

jeremyzhou_0-1622796414294.png

BTW, I also use the SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
shaileshnsec
Contributor II

Hi,

SDK is working fine. We have created our own eLcdif module by taking reference from SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050 and we are not using any startup.s file. But in case our elcdif when using SDRAM MIMXRT1052xxxxx_sdram linker file, it is going to hardfault or reset. But with linker file MIMXRT1052xxxxx_ram.icf, It is hitting correctly to main(). Is there any settings requires ? or do we need to initialize SDRAM to boot from this ?

In case of SDK using SDRAM linker file

shaileshnsec_0-1622800638925.png

In case of our Lcdif using SDRAM linker file

shaileshnsec_1-1622800693901.png

Thanks/Shailesh

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Is there any settings requires ? or do we need to initialize SDRAM to boot from this?
-- Please check the below debug setting.

jeremyzhou_0-1623035215489.png

From my experience, you'd better port your demo project to the elcdif_gdb demo project for testing.
Have a great day.
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
shaileshnsec
Contributor II

Thanks, 

Now I am able to boot correctly. 

Not related to boot, I am working on LCD,  We are able to perform RGB. Do you have any example code to update text on LCD or Image loading in LCD ?

I can see in SDK_2.3.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050 example given sd_jpeg but seems discontinued in SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050. Could you please provide for SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050 version also ?

Thanks/ Shailesh

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Do you have any example code to update text on LCD or Image loading in LCD ?
-- To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to either emWin or LVGL demo in the SDK library.
2) I can see in SDK_2.3.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050 example given sd_jpeg but seems discontinued in SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050. Could you please provide for SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050 version also?
-- Please import the sd_jpeg demo as the below figure shows.

jeremyzhou_0-1623059538931.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
shaileshnsec
Contributor II

Hi,

I have seen this on MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.1_5262. Is it possible to provide IAR code, I am not using MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.1_5262 IDE.

Thanks/Shailesh

0 Kudos
shaileshnsec
Contributor II

Hi, thanks, 

I have downloaded IAR project for sd_jpeg. 

Thanks/shailesh

0 Kudos
shaileshnsec
Contributor II

HI,

After running emwin_temperature_control, 

I am getting below issue,

shaileshnsec_0-1623065001333.png

any way to recover this 

0 Kudos