Boot data structure (absolute address of the image)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot data structure (absolute address of the image)

Nexus76
Contributor II

Hi, I have a question about IVT, in my application I have developped a firmware bootloader that is loaded from nand-flash by bootrom and always works good.

I program my bootloader in nand-flash with MCUXpresso provisioning tool, I see that it writes the IVT and Boot data.

My question is about these addresses (10.7.1.1, 10.7.1.2):

- absolute address of the boot data
- absolute address of the image

Once wrote from provisioning tool are there a cause to update these addresses ?

I don't understand where find these address that provisioning tool write, I see that are in OCRAM1 region used by bootrom. 

I'd like to understand if when I want to upgrade nand-flash (first programmed with provisioning tool) with my bootloader I have to change boot data addresses ? why too ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nexus76 ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

1. Please let me know this:

these addresses (10.7.1.1, 10.7.1.2)

What do you mean: 10.7.1.1, 10.7.1.2?

2.Once wrote from provisioning tool are there a cause to update these addresses ?

- absolute address of the boot data
- absolute address of the image

=>Answer: Use the SPT tool to download the code, the BD and image address will be downloaded again. But it still can indicate your app entry point.

I don't understand where find these address that provisioning tool write, I see that are in OCRAM1 region used by bootrom. 

=>Kerry: Good question, you mean, in SPT tool, you just provide the app without the FCB+IVT+BD+DCD, then how it to burn the whole image? Right?

In fact, it is use the elftosb, bd file to add the IVT header, the FCB is burn directly when do the option configuration. eg:

kerryzhou_0-1684224947956.png

4.I'd like to understand if when I want to upgrade nand-flash (first programmed with provisioning tool) with my bootloader I have to change boot data addresses ? why too ?

=>Answer: I don't think you need to change the BD address, it should also works OK.

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

Nexus76
Contributor II

Thanks for your answer, I have another question about the DBBT table.

I'd like to know if during writing nand-flash by my bootloader if find/mark BAD BLOCK I suppose that I have to upgrade DBBT table, so I want to understand how to write bad block entries value.

For example if I want specifying these bad block founded with this sequence upgrade

n° 7

n°5

n° 2

what I have to write in DBBT "Bad Block entries" field ?

I'm  thinking to write these 3 entry 32-bit

0x00000007,
0x00000005,
0x00000002

Is it correct way ?

What about CRC-32 chacksum alghoritm too ?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nexus76 ,

For the DBBT question, you can refer to this post, although it is in chinese, you can use the translate tool to check it, it is very useful to your question.

https://www.cnblogs.com/henjay724/p/9173425.html

If you have any new issues, could you please help to create the new question post, then we can discuss the details in your new question post, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos