Boot Pinout for QSPI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Pinout for QSPI

info54
Contributor I

Hi all. I have a question about the pin selection for FLEXSPI for booting. I would like to know if we can boot off FLEXSPI_B instead of FLEXSPI_A as in the EVK. In table 8-1 of the reference manual, it seems to indicate that only FLEXSPI_A can be used to boot. However in table 52 of datasheet, it seems to imply that both can be used. In addition, in table 21-2 of the reference manual, eFUSE BOOT_CFG1[FLASH_TYPE] equal to 0b111 says 'on secondary pinmux option'. What is that referring to? What is the primary pinmux option, and can you not have QSPI on that?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris K,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answer the question, whether you can tell me what the chip you use.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

info54
Contributor I
That would have been useful information for me to provide:-/. I am using the i.MXRT1015.
Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris K,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, the references manual is not consistent with ROM bootloader peripheral pin mux in the datasheet, I'll inform you after confirming with the AE team.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos