Board Wizard error message

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Wizard error message

antonypace
Contributor II

Hi, I'm trying to use the New Board SDK Wizard to make a board SDK for our custom hardware. I've watched videos and read PDFs about how to do this but it doesn't work for me. When I select the New Board SDK Wizard and select a base project I get the error message: Project is not an SDK based project. I've tried dozens of variations but always that message. What does the message mean and how can I create a simple cusomised board?

I'm using the MIMXTR1021 based on MIMXRT1020-EVK on MCUXpresso 11.1.0

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Antony, 

Have you taken a look into the following community document MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 - Board SDK Creator? I followed these guidelines and I didn't face any problems. Keep in mind that the project you will use as a base need to be from the SDK. In my case, I used the iled_blinky example from the SDK v2.7.0. 

Best Regards,

Victor 

0 Kudos

antonypace
Contributor II

Hi Victor,

Many thanks for your reply. I imagine you don't work for NXP. Yes, I followed that document step by step and have searched and searched and spent two weeks trying everything I can think of and still can't get it to work. The nearest I have got is to import pins into an evaluation board project. 

I was going to put screen shots on here but I've tried so many things there would be a lot.

If you have had success with a 1020 board I wonder if you could help me find where I'm going wrong? 

Just to be clear, I am trying to create my own board, with it's own layout, own pin and clock configuration and make that into an SDK that I can download.

I'm starting to doubt even that what I'm doing is what the tool is supposed to do.

Thanks again

Ant

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Antony, 

What you are doing is what the tool is supposed to do. Could you please confirm that the example that you are using to create your own SDK is an example from the RT1020-EVK SDK? Also, could you please attach some screenshots that show the error that you are facing? 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

antonypace
Contributor II

I am finding NXP very frustrating. You provide a tool that appears not to work and I'm getting no response as to whether you think it should work or not. I can't afford 10 days of work to discover that one of your tools doesn't work. I'm beginning to wonder if we have chosen the right device / semiconductor manufacturer.

0 Kudos