Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUSFault Address Register (BFAR) valid flag and Precise data bus error

Jump to solution
Desmond_lim
Contributor III

Hi,

I was trying to create a new project and replicate one of the SDK evkmimrxt1060_freertos_hello_flash_operation on the 1060EVL board. I did almost everything similar to the SDK which is working fine, but the new project I created crash at flexspi_nor_flash_init() function. I am totally out of my wits to understand what could possibly wrong in it because I have even copied the entire board and pin files for compilation. Anyone has any idea what I have done wrong for this?

Desmond_lim_0-1638860661364.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Desmond_lim
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your quick response. I was copying the code from the SDK evkmimxrt1060_freertos_hello_flash_operation and that SDK was working fine to my understanding. 

How come when I copy the same code into the new project. It is not working at all. That makes me wonder what I could possibly done wrong in terms of settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Desmond_lim
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your quick response. I was copying the code from the SDK evkmimxrt1060_freertos_hello_flash_operation and that SDK was working fine to my understanding. 

How come when I copy the same code into the new project. It is not working at all. That makes me wonder what I could possibly done wrong in terms of settings.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The attached linkscripts resides evkmimxrt1060_freertos_hello_flash_operation directory structure can modify the project's linker file to relocate the FlexSPI driver into the ITCM, you can refer to it for details.
In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you use the evkmimxrt1060_freertos_hello_flash_operation as the template, then develop your customized demo.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Desmond_lim
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

This morning, I followed your guidance to look into the nor_polling SDK and I also notice the same linkscript folder in it. I manually copy that script into my new folder and compiled, same problem. 

1. Do you have any documents or guides for me to understand how this linkscript works and how it should be run?

2. Why was it not being created with the new project?

3. How to create it when I do for a new project?

There are so many things I need to understand this and how can I get the grasps quickly on this memory thingy faster?

If we were to do a new project using some other ICs or memory, can I still follow this with minimum modification or should it be completely different?

Cheers,

Desmond

0 Kudos
Desmond_lim
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

I also click the link to RAM for the new project and it works ok. However, I want my program to store in the flash and not the RAM and it does not work. 

On top of that, I also notice that the nor_polling SDK example that I follow has not clicked the link to RAM as well. How to set the new project like what was being done in nor_polling SDK? that is my question.

Cheers,

Desmond

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) On top of that, I also notice that the nor_polling SDK example that I follow has not clicked the link to RAM as well. How to set the new project like what was being done in nor_polling SDK? that is my question.
-- Just as I mentioned before, the linkscripts can modify the linker of the demo project, it will store FlexSPI driver object in the Data section after compiling, then during startup, MCUXpresso IDE startup code copies the data into RAM prior to executing main() (as the below figure shows), in another word, the FlexSPI driver will reside in the RAM finally.

jeremyzhou_0-1638955193324.png

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) I am totally out of my wits to understand what could possibly wrong in it because I have even copied the entire board and pin files for compilation. Anyone has any idea what I have done wrong for this?
-- It needs to relocate the FlexSPI driver into the RAM instead of QSPI prior to accessing the QSPI, please refer to the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer demo to implement it.

jeremyzhou_0-1638870872225.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos