cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIN file programming RT1050 NXP Boot Utility

marcos_chiele
Contributor I

Hello.

We are trying to write a automatic script to microcontroller programming in mass production.

So we have created a booatble .bin image. If we use NXP boot utility (clicking on Write (auto erase) it works pretty good.

However, we don't know how to set the .bin way. We are checking the output printed commands, as following: 

Executing: C:\Users\mchiele\Desktop\NXP-MCUBootUtility-master\tools\blhost2_3\win\blhost -t 2048000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- flash-erase-region 1610612736 139264 9
toolStatus: 0
commandOutput: {
"command" : "flash-erase-region",
"response" : [],
"status" : {
"description" : "0 (0x0) Success.",
"value" : 0
}
}

Executing: C:\Users\mchiele\Desktop\NXP-MCUBootUtility-master\tools\blhost2_3\win\blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- write-memory 1610612736 C:\Users\mchiele\Desktop\NXP-MCUBootUtility-master\gen\user_file\user.dat 9
toolStatus: 0
commandOutput: {
"command" : "write-memory",
"response" : [],
"status" : {
"description" : "0 (0x0) Success.",
"value" : 0
}
}

So, guys, how the .bin file is loaded? We only see "user.dat" file, how is it generated?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your reply. you want to program the bin image to the NOR flash directly, MCUBootUtility supports the function actually, after establishing the connection, you can follow the below steps to program the bin image, however, you need to build a bin image file in advance.

jeremyzhou_0-1607915885074.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

marcos_chiele
Contributor I

Hello, thank so much for your support.

Yes, I have created the image and this programming method is working fine.

However, I intend to create a automatic script to mass production programming. I dont's want to use NXP Boot Utility in mass production.

So, I would like to know the python command to program a .bin image file.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) I intend to create an automatic script to mass production programming. So, I would like to know the python command to program a .bin image file.
-- Firstly, the program work is implemented by the Blhost tool instead of the python command, in essence, NXP Boot Utility is a GUI interface that allows the user not to type the commands to interact with the Blhost tool.
Secondly, regarding your purpose, it's available to build a script to invoke the commands to interact with the Blhost tool too. To make it, you can refer to the mfgtools which use a similar script to invoke the commands.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos