Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEE XIP & Run code on SRAM (RT1015)

kensu
Contributor V

Hi,

I have a question,

I will use BEE XIP feature on RT1015,.

in this condition, can I also allocate the application to SRAM then running on SRAM? 

Regards

Ken

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ken Su 

XIP code will run from the external flash memory.

Do you already make the XIP code with BEE works on your side?

Do you mean, the external code with BEE, then copy to the external SRAM through the EMC interface, right?

Best Regards,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kensu
Contributor V

Hi Kerry

Do you already make the XIP code with BEE works on your side?

Not yet, I still study it. And my EVK is broken, I am waiting new one.

Do you mean, the external code with BEE, then copy to the external SRAM through the EMC interface, right?

I want to program QSPI flash, I think one possible proposal is use flashloader SDK example,

However, image encryption is our customer request,

I want to know the image is AES128 encryption and code is running on SRAM, is it possible?

Any conflict?

I think it should be possible.

Regards

Ken

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ken Su,

You also can refer to the MCUBootUtility tool, which can support the BEE function:

NXP-MCUBootUtility/README.md at master · JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility · GitHub 

BEE encryption is performed by the BEE module inside the MCU chip to decrypt the encrypted image. (If it is XIP Image, then it belongs to Dynamic decryption; if it is Non-XIP image, then it is similar to HAB Encryption).

The BEE code can download to the external flash, then run it in the SRAM, I think it's possible. Boot from external QSPI flash.

When you get the board, you also can do the external QSPI flash BEE function at first, then add some SRAM code with the BEE qspi code.

If you meet any issues, just kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos