After changing serial flash on RT1020-EVK, it bricks after first boot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After changing serial flash on RT1020-EVK, it bricks after first boot.

stanley-kylee
Contributor II

Hello.

I'm using MIMXRT1020-EVK board.
After removing the existing serial flash, a new serial flash was installed.

The serial flash changes are as follows.
  - Before : ISSI IS25LP064
  - After : EON EN25QX64A

The operating specifications of the two serial flashes are almost the same.
The built-in debugger of my MIMXRT1020-EVK board was broken, so I downloaded the firmware using the 'Serial Downloader' function, and it was successful.
However, the problem occurs after firmware boot or action.
(The code for testing 'erase, write, read' serial flash.)

- Symptom 1: If perform operations such as Erase, Write, Erase, and Read after the first boot, it proceeds normally. (Check the checksum) However, if you press the Reset button of the board or unplug the board and connect it again, it becomes a brick(always).
- Symptom 2: I downloaded a code that only reads Serial Flash content after the first boot, but it doesn't work.
(The above was tested while enabling or disabling with '#if 1 / #endif' in the same code.)
(Flash initialization is all normal, 3.3V is normally applied to serial flash, and it operates at the default 133Mhz frequency.)
- Symptom 3: If other operation (eg LED Blink) code is downloaded and then booted for the first time, it works normally. But when I reboot it becomes a brick.

I think, it should be modified with a 'flash driver' suitable for the changed serial flash.
When I look at '\ide\Examples\Flashdrivers\NXP\iMXRT\', there is a Flash Driver. There was 'iMXRT1050_QSPI.zip' in the above path, can I modify it based on this?

Or, can I get the original source of 'MIMXRT1020-EVK_IS25LP064.cfx'? I want to work on the original source of 'MIMXRT1020-EVK_IS25LP064.cfx' rather than 'iMXRT1050_QSPI.zip'.

The contents are summarized below.
  - I changed the serial flash of the MIMXRT1020-EVK board to another model.
  - It is bricked or there is a problem with operation. (the specs are very similar)
  - I need the original source of 'MIMXRT1020-EVK_IS25LP064.cfx'.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Have a nice day always.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

stanley-kylee
Contributor II

I solved it myself.

The flash driver (.cfx) was used as it was in the ISSI model.
The 'WRITESTATUSREG' value of the lookup table (LUT) was set according to the datasheet of the serial flash.
Finally, we set the 'FLASH_QUAD_ENABLE' definition value to match the QE bit position in the datasheet.

It works normally without any problems.
(Even if you unplug and reconnect the power, the program will run normally.)

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @stanley-kylee 

Thanks for the sharing !

Diego

0 Kudos