Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate a single GPIO

Jump to solution
GorkaC
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm working with the SLN-LOCAL-IOT Audio Kit and the SLN-LOCAL2-IOT-preRC5(SDK) version.

The thing is, it is recommended to use a function that comes with the firmware but I don't find a function that activates a single GPIO. 

By the way, I see that the function "GPIO_PinWrite(GPIO_Type *base, uint32_t pin, uint8_t output)"  is used to write in output pins but I don't know which are the parameters needed this function. 

Thanks very much, hope you help me with this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
According to the above code, I didn't find the initialization code of the GPIO pin, and I guess your issue is related to missing the initialization code.
In the BOARD_InitPins() function, it illustrates how to configure the pin as the GPIO pin, please refer to it.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GorkaC
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your quick reply. We tried the blinky led demo (iled_blinky) on our Kit but it does not blink the RED LED like it is supposed to do. 

Code:

GorkaC_0-1623069260847.png

And the defines:

GorkaC_1-1623069370656.png

GorkaC_2-1623069456679.png

We are working with a MIMXRT106SDVL6B.

How can I know the number of each pin of the micro if that's the problem? (Number of the pin related to the number of the parameters in the blinky function).

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
According to the above code, I didn't find the initialization code of the GPIO pin, and I guess your issue is related to missing the initialization code.
In the BOARD_InitPins() function, it illustrates how to configure the pin as the GPIO pin, please refer to it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Below is the comments of the GPIO_PinWrite(GPIO_Type *base, uint32_t pin, uint8_t output) function.

/*!
* brief Sets the output level of the individual GPIO pin to logic 1 or 0.
* param base GPIO base pointer.
* param pin GPIO port pin number.
* param output GPIOpin output logic level.
* - 0: corresponding pin output low-logic level.
* - 1: corresponding pin output high-logic level.
*/

And I'd like to suggest you refer to iled_blinky demo in the SDK library to learn to configure a pin as the GPIO output pin.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

GorkaC
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

The iled_blinky demo didn't work.

0 Kudos