Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About generated bin file size on IMXRT1176

Jump to solution
nxbg
Contributor I

Hi Team,

We are now link the project to SDRAM and execute from SDRAM(0x81600000) on IMXRT1176, then we will also use OCRAM which write speed is much faster than SDRAM.

So we added Extra linker script input sections to define area into OCRAM range:0x20240000 and its type is BSS, but the generated bin files will increasing to more than 1GB, this is definitely wrong.

So how can fix this problem?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more information, so I was wondering if you can describe the modification you did with the linker file in detail.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nxbg
Contributor I

Hi, we find another solution to fix this problem, just close it first

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more information, so I was wondering if you can describe the modification you did with the linker file in detail.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos