Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About External SRAM in Non-ADMUX mode

Jump to solution
george
Senior Contributor II

Hi all,

Our customer wants to use ASYNC SRAM access mode  in Non-ADMUX Address Mode on the i.MX RT1175.

However, I have seen the following posts in this community:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/How-to-connect-SEMC-to-External-SRAM-in-Non-AD-mux-mode/m-p/100...

If that were true, I would have to explain it to the customer.

My customer's application needs to connect to a 16-bit Data Non-Multiplex SRAM equivalent device.

Best Regards,
George

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello George,

The SEMC module itself does support the ASYNC SRAM in Non-ADMUX Address Mode configuration. However, the pinout of the i.MXRT1050 and i.MXRT1060 families did not allow for this configuration to be used, which is why references to this mode were removed from the documentation.

The i.MXRT1170 does support the ASYNC SRAM write in Non-ADMUX and it has been included on the Reference Manual accordingly. The Pin Mux for this mode is available in Table 29-7 of the i.MXRT1170 Reference Manual.

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello George,

The SEMC module itself does support the ASYNC SRAM in Non-ADMUX Address Mode configuration. However, the pinout of the i.MXRT1050 and i.MXRT1060 families did not allow for this configuration to be used, which is why references to this mode were removed from the documentation.

The i.MXRT1170 does support the ASYNC SRAM write in Non-ADMUX and it has been included on the Reference Manual accordingly. The Pin Mux for this mode is available in Table 29-7 of the i.MXRT1170 Reference Manual.

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

george
Senior Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

I got the correct understanding.

Thanks,
George

0 Kudos