cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC reference not connected

giuseppescarpi
Contributor III

Hello, fellows engineers.

On an RT1051-based board, I forgot to connect the ADC reference (pin N14, VDDA_ADC).

The strange fact is that the ADC seems to work more or less correctly, as if there were an internal connection to VCC.

Do you have any idea about this? Is there any settings that allows the ADC to work even if there is no external reference?

Thanks

G.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The VDDA_ADC_3P3 must be powered.

jeremyzhou_0-1637633017063.png

Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

giuseppescarpi
Contributor III

Hi TIC,

Thank you for your reply, the datasheet is very clear.

Nonetheless, on this board with VDDA_ADC disconnected we see that the peripheral works as expected, it is only not very precise (the measurement is repeatable, but scaled down). I suspect that the peripheral gets back-supplied.

We may even think to connect another ADC pin as a sort of "external reference"... I reckon this sounds horrible from an engineering point of view, but I would like to have a better understanding.

Thanks

Giuseppe

0 Kudos