cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT Knowledge Base

Labels

Discussions

Sort by:
Introduction A common need for GUI applications is to implement a clock function.  Whether it be to create a clock interface for the end user's benefit, or just to time animations or other actions, implementing an accurate clock is a useful and important feature for GUI applications.  The aim of this document is to help you implement clock functions in your AppWizard project.   Methods When implementing a real-time clock, there are a couple of general methods to do so.   Use an independent timer in your MCU Using animation objects Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages.  If you just need a timer that doesn't require extra code and you don't require control or assurance of precision, or maybe you can't spare another timer, using an animation object (method #2) may be a good option in that application.  If your application requires an assurance of precision or requires other real-time actions to be performed that AppWizard can't control, it is best to implement an independent timer in your MCU (method #1).  Method 1:  Independent MCU Timer Implementing a timer via an independent MCU timer allows better control and guarantees the precision because it isn't a shared clock and the developer can adjust the interrupt priorities such that the timer interrupt has the highest priority.  AppWizard timing uses a common timer and then time slices activities similar to how an operating system works.  It is for this reason that implementing an independent MCU timer is best when you need control over the precision of the timer or you need other real-time actions to be triggered by this timer.  When implementing a timer using an independent MCU timer (like the RTC module), an understanding of how to interact with Text widgets is needed. Let's look at this first.   Interacting with Text Widgets Editing Text widgets occurs through the use of the emWin library API (the emWin library is the underlying code that AppWizard builds upon). The Text widget API functions are documented in the emWin Graphic Library User Guide and Reference Manual, UM3001.  Most of the Text widget API functions require a Text widget handle.  Be sure to not confuse this handle for the AppWizard ID.  Imagine a clock example where there are two Text widgets in the interface:  one for the minutes and one for the seconds.  The AppWizard IDs of these objects might be ID_TEXT_MINS and ID_TEXT_SECONDS respectively (again, these are not to be confused with the handle to the Text widget for use by emWin library functions).  The first action software should take is to obtain the handle for the Text widgets.   This can be done using the WM_GetDialogItem function.  The code to get the active window handle and the handle for the two Text widgets is shown below: activeWin = WM_GetActiveWindow(); textBoxMins = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_MINS); textBoxSecs = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_SECONDS);‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Note that this function requires the handle to the parent window of the Text widget.  If your application has multiple windows or screens, you may need to be creative in how you acquire this handle, but for this example, the software can simply call the WM_GetActiveWindow function (since there is only one screen).  When to call these functions can be a bit tricky as well.  They can be called before the MainTask() function of the application is called and the application will not crash.  However, the handles won't be correct and the Text widgets will not be updated as expected.  It's recommended that these handles be initialized when the screen is initialized.  An example of how this would be done is shown below: void cbID_SCREEN_CLOCK(WM_MESSAGE * pMsg) { extern WM_HWIN activeWin; extern WM_HWIN textBoxMins; extern WM_HWIN textBoxSecs; extern WM_HWIN textBoxDbg; if(pMsg->MsgId == WM_INIT_DIALOG) { activeWin = WM_GetActiveWindow(); textBoxMins = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_MINS); textBoxSecs = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_SECONDS); textBoxDbg = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_DBG); } GUI_USE_PARA(pMsg); }‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Once the Text widget handles have been acquired, the text can be updated using the TEXT_SetText() function or the TEXT_SetDec() function in this case, because the Text widgets are configured for decimal mode, since we want to display numbers.  An example of the code to do this is shown below.  /* TEXT_SetDec(Text Widget Handle, Value as Int, Length, Shift, Sign, Leading Spaces) */ if(TEXT_SetDec(textBoxSecs, (int)gSecs, 2, 0, 0, 0)) { /* Perform action here if necessary */ } if(TEXT_SetDec(textBoxMins, (int)gMins, 2, 0, 0, 0)) { /* Perform action here if necessary */ } ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Method 2:  Animation Objects When implementing a real-time clock using animation objects, it is necessary to implement a loop.  This could be done outside of the AppWizard GUI (in your code) but because the timing precision can't be guaranteed, it's just as easy to implement a loop in the AppWizard GUI if you know how (it isn't very intuitive as to how to do this). Before examining the interactions to do this, let's look at the variables and objects needed to do this.  ID_VAR_SECS - This variable holds the current seconds value. ID_VAR_SECS_1 - This variable holds the next second value.  ID_TEXT_SECONDS - Text box that displays the current seconds value. ID_END_CNT - Variable that holds the value at which the seconds rolls over and increments the minute count ID_TEXT_MINS - Text box that holds the current minute count. ID_MIN_END_CNT - Variable that holds the value at which the minutes rolls over (which would also increment the hour count if the hours were implemented). ID_BUTTON_SECS - This is a hidden button that initiates actions when the seconds variable has reached the end count.  Now, here are the interactions used to implement the clock feature using animation interactions.  The heart of the loop are the interactions triggered by ID_VAR_SECS.  ID_VAR_SECS -> ID_VAR_SECS_1:  When ID_VAR_SECS changes, it needs to add one to ID_VAR_SECS_1 so that the animation will animate to one second from the current time. ID_VAR_SECS -> ID_TEXT_SECONDS:  When ID_VAR_SECS changes, it also needs to start the animation from the current value to the next second (ID_VAR_SECS_1). A very essential part of the loop is ensuring the animation restarts every time.  So ID_TEXT_SECONDS needs to change the value of ID_VAR_SECS when the animation ends. ID_VAR_SECS is changed to the current time value, ID_VAR_SECS_1. When the ID_TEXT_SECONDS animation ends, it must also decrement the ID_VAR_END_CNT variable.  This is analogous to the control variable of a "For" loop being updated. This is done using the ADDVALUE job, adding '-1' to the variable, ID_VAR_END_CNT. When ID_VAR_END_CNT changes, it updates the hidden button, ID_BUTTON_SECS, with the new value.  This is analogous to a "For" loop checking whether its control variable is still within its limits.   The interactions in group 5 are interactions that restart the loop when the seconds reach the count that we desire.  When the loop is restarted, the following actions must be taken: Set ID_VAR_SECS and ID_VAR_SECS_1 to the initial value for the next loop ('0' in this case).  Note that ID_VAR_SECS_1 MUST be set before ID_VAR_SECS.  Additionally, if the loop is to continue, ID_VAR_SECS and ID_VAR_SECS_1 must be set to the same value.   ID_TEXT_SECONDS is set to the initial value.  If this isn't done, then the text box will try to animate from the final value to the initial value and then will look "weird". ID_VAR_END_CNT is reset to its initial value (60 in this case).  ID_BUTTON_SECS is also responsible for updating the minutes values.  In this case, it's incrementing the ID_TEXT_MINS value (counting up in minutes) and decrementing the ID_VAR_MIN_END_CNT  Adjusting the time of an animation object The animation object (as well as other emWin objects) use the GUI_X_DELAY function for timing.  It is up to the host software to implement this function.  In the i.MX RT examples, the General Purpose Timer (GPT) is used for this timer.  So how the GPT is configured will affect the timing of the application and the how fast or slow the animations run. The GPT is configured in the function BOARD_InitGPT() which resides in the main source file.  The recommended way to adjust the speed of the timer is by changing the divider value to the GPT. Conclusion So we have seen two different methods of implementing a real-time clock in an AppWizard GUI application.  Those methods are: Use an independent timer in your MCU Using animation objects Using an independent timer in your MCU may be preferred as it allows for better control over the timing, can allow for real-time actions to be performed that AppWizard can't control, and provides some assurance of precision.  Using animation objects may be preferred if you just need a quick timer implementation that doesn't require you to manually add code to your project or use a second timer.  
View full article
Source code: https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility   【v2.0.0】 Features: > 1. Support i.MXRT5xx A0, i.MXRT6xx A0 >    支持i.MXRT5xx A0, i.MXRT6xx A0 > 2. Support i.MXRT1011, i.MXRT117x A0 >    支持i.MXRT1011, i.MXRT117x A0 > 3. [RTyyyy] Support OTFAD encryption secure boot case (SNVS Key, User Key) >     [RTyyyy] 支持基于OTFAD实现的安全加密启动(唯一SNVS key,用户自定义key) > 4. [RTxxx] Support both UART and USB-HID ISP modes >     [RTxxx] 支持UART和USB-HID两种串行编程方式(COM端口/USB设备自动识别) > 5. [RTxxx] Support for converting bare image into bootable image >     [RTxxx] 支持将裸源image文件自动转换成i.MXRT能启动的Bootable image > 6. [RTxxx] Original image can be a bootable image (with FDCB) >     [RTxxx] 用户输入的源程序文件可以包含i.MXRT启动头 (FDCB) > 7. [RTxxx] Support for loading bootable image into FlexSPI/QuadSPI NOR boot device >     [RTxxx] 支持下载Bootable image进主动启动设备 - FlexSPI/QuadSPI NOR接口Flash > 8. [RTxxx] Support development boot case (Unsigned, CRC) >     [RTxxx] 支持用于开发阶段的非安全加密启动(未签名,CRC校验) > 9. Add Execute action support for Flash Programmer >     在通用Flash编程器模式下增加执行(跳转)操作 > 10. [RTyyyy] Can show FlexRAM info in device status >       [RTyyyy] 支持在device status里显示当前FlexRAM配置情况 Improvements: > 1. [RTyyyy] Improve stability of USB connection of i.MXRT105x board >     [RTyyyy] 提高i.MXRT105x目标板USB连接稳定性 > 2. Can write/read RAM via Flash Programmer >    通用Flash编程器里也支持读写RAM > 3. [RTyyyy] Provide Flashloader resident option to adapt to different FlexRAM configurations >     [RTyyyy] 提供Flashloader执行空间选项以适应不同的FlexRAM配置 Bugfixes: > 1. [RTyyyy] Sometimes tool will report error "xx.bat file cannot be found" >     [RTyyyy] 有时候生成证书时会提示bat文件无法找到,导致证书无法生成 > 2. [RTyyyy] Editing mixed eFuse fields is not working as expected >     [RTyyyy] 可视化方式去编辑混合eFuse区域并没有生效 > 3. [RTyyyy] Cannot support 32MB or larger LPSPI NOR/EEPROM device >     [RTyyyy] 无法支持32MB及以上容量的LPSPI NOR/EEPROM设备 > 4. Cannot erase/read the last two pages of boot device via Flash Programmer >    在通用Flash编程器模式下无法擦除/读取外部启动设备的最后两个Page
View full article
Overview of i.MX RT1050         The i.MX RT1050 is the industry's first crossover processor and combines the high-performance and high level of integration on an applications processors with the ease of use and real-time functionality of a micro-controller. The i.MX RT1050 runs on the Arm Cortex-M7 core at 600 MHz, it means that it definitely has the ability to do some complicated computing, such as floating-point arithmetic, matrix operation, etc. For general MCU, they're hard to conquer these complicated operations.         It has a rich peripheral which makes it suit for a variety of applications, in this demo, the PXP (Pixel Pipeline), CSI (CMOS Sensor Interface), eLCDIF (Enhanced LCD Interface) allows me to build up camera display system easily Fig 1 i.MX RT series           It has a rich peripheral which makes it suit for a variety of applications, in this demo, the PXP (Pixel Pipeline), CSI (CMOS Sensor Interface), eLCDIF (Enhanced LCD Interface) allows me to build up camera display system easily Fig 2 i.MX RT1050 Block Diagram Basic concept of Compute Vision (CV)          Machine Learning (ML) is moving to the edge because of a variety of reasons, such as bandwidth constraint, latency, reliability, security, ect. People want to have edge computing capability on embedded devices to provide more advanced services, like voice recognition for smart speakers and face detection for surveillance cameras. Fig 3 Reason        Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) is one of the main ways to do image recognition and image classification. CNNs use a variation of multilayer perception that requires minimal pre-processing, based on their shared-weights architecture and translation invariance characteristics. Fig 4 Structure of a typical deep neural network         Above is an example that shows the original image input on the left-hand side and how it progresses through each layer to calculate the probability on the right-hand side. Hardware MIMXRT1050 EVK Board; RK043FN02H-CT(LCD Panel) Fig 5 MIMXRT1050 EVK board Reference demo code emwin_temperature_control: demonstrates graphical widgets of the emWin library. cmsis_nn_cifar10: demonstrates a convolutional neural network (CNN) example with the use of convolution, ReLU activation, pooling and fully-connected functions from the CMSIS-NN software library. The CNN used in this example is based on the CIFAR-10 example from Caffe. The neural network consists of 3 convolution layers interspersed by ReLU activation and max-pooling layers, followed by a fully-connected layer at the end. The input to the network is a 32x32 pixel color image, which is classified into one of the 10 output classes. Note: Both of these two demo projects are from the SDK library Deploy the neuro network mode Fig 6 illustrates the steps of deploying the neuro network mode on the embedded platform. In the cmsis_nn_cifar10 demo project, it has provided the quantized parameters for the 3 convolution layer, so in this implementation, I use these parameters directly, BTW, I choose 100 images randomly from the Test set as a round of input to evaluate the accuracy of this model. And through several rounds of testing, I get the model's accuracy is about 65% as the below figure shows. Fig 6 Deploy the neuro network mode Fig 7 cmsis_nn_cifar10 demo project test result The CIFAR-10 dataset is a collection of images that are commonly used to train ML and computer vision algorithms, it consists of 60000 32x32 color images in 10 classes, with 6000 images per class ("airplane", "automobile", "bird", "cat", "deer", "dog", "frog", "horse", "ship", "truck"). There are 50000 training images and 10000 test images. Embedded platform software structure         After POR, various components are initialized, like system clock, pin mux, camera, CSI, PXP, LCD and emWin, etc. Then control GUI will show up in the LCD, press the Play button will display the camera video in the LCD, once an object into the camera's window, you can press the Capture button to pause the display and run the model to identify the object. Fig8 presents the software structure of this demo. Fig 8 Embedded platform software structure Object identify Test The three figures present the testing result.   Fig 9 Fig 10 Fig 11 Furture work          Use the Pytorch framework to train a better and more complicated convolutional network for object recognition usage.
View full article
This application note describes how to develop an H.264 video decoding application with the NXP i.MX RT1050 processor. Click here to access the full application note. Click here to access the github repo of FFMPEG(code, no GPL). state: the code is for evaluation purpose only.
View full article
Face recognition Actually, face recognition technology is used in many scenes in our daily life, for instance, when taking pictures with the mobile phone, the camera software will automatically recognize the faces in the lens and focus, scan face for real-name verification when registering the App and scan face for pay, etc. The basic steps of face recognition are shown in the below figure. Firstly, the camera captures image data, then through preprocessing such as noise elimination and image format conversion, the image data will be transmitted to the processor for face detection and recognition calculations. After recognizing the face successful, continue to do the follow-up operations. Fig1 The basic steps of face recognition i.MX RT106F MCU based solution for face recognition The below figure is the block diagram of i.MX RT106F MCU-based solution for face recognition provided by the NXP. Comparing with the general processor (CPU) solution, it has comparative advantages in cost and power consumption. Further, the PCB size will be smaller too and the MCU usually can boot up within a few hundred milliseconds even with RTOS, versus to the boot-up speed of the processor (CPU) equipped with a Linux system that is about 10 seconds, it will give customers a better user experience. Fig2 i.MX RT106F MCU based solution for face recognition Of course, the i.MX RT106F MCU-based solution face recognition solution is not intended to replace the solution based on the processor (CPU). As aforementioned, face recognition technology has a lot of application cases, and it will definitely be used in more fields in the future, so the MCU-based face recognition solution provides customers and the market with another choice. i.MX RT106F MCU The i.MX RT106F face recognition crossover processor is an EdgeReady™ solution-specific variant of the i.MX RT1060 family of crossover processors, targeting face recognition applications. It features NXP’s advanced implementation of the Arm Cortex®-M7 core, which operates at speeds up to 600 MHz to provide high CPU performance and the best real-time response. i.MX RT106F based solutions enable system designers to easily and inexpensively add face recognition capabilities to a wide variety of smart appliances, smart homes, smart retail, and smart industrial devices. The i.MX RT106F is licensed to run the OASIS Lite library for face recognition (as the below figure shows) which include: Face detection Anti-spoofing Face tracking Face alignment Glass detection Face recognition Confidence measure Face recognition quantified results, etc Fig3 OASIS Recognition Software Pipeline sln_viznas_iot_elock_oobe The sln_viznas_iot_elock_oobe project is the application on the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT (as the below figure shows, regarding the Bootstrap and Bootloader in the software flowchart, I will introduce them in the future). The following development work is based on the sln_viznas_iot_elock_oobe project, however, I need to sketch the basic workflow of it prior to starting real development work. Fig4 SLN-VIZNAS-IOT software flowchart sln_viznas_iot_elock_oobe's workflow flow In the Camera_Start() function, the task (Camera_Init_Task) completes the initialization of the RGB and IR cameras, then creates a task (Camera_Task); In the Display_Start() function, after the task (Display_Init_Task) completes the initialization of the display medium (USB or LCD), it immediately creates the task (Display_Task) and sends the message queue s_DisplayReqMsg.id = QMSG_DISPLAY_FRAME_REQ to the task (Camera_Task), then the pDispData will point to the s_BufferLcd[0] array for storing the image data to be displayed; In the Oasis_Start() function, firstly, OASISLT_init() completes the initialization of the OAISIT library, then creates a task (Oasis_Task) to send the message queues gFaceDetReqMsg.id = QMSG_FACEREC_FRAME_REQ and gFaceInfoMsg.id = QMSG_FACEREC_INFO_UPDATE to the task (Camera_Task) to make the pDetIR and pDetRGB point to the face block diagram captured by the RGB and IR cameras, and update the content pointed by infoMsgIn. After the camera is initialized, the RGB camera works at first. After the image data is captured, an interrupt is triggered and the callback function Camera_Callback() sends the message queue DQMsg.id = QMSG_CAMERA_DQ to the task (Camera_Task), and DQIndex++; CAMERA_RECEIVER_GetFullBuffer() extracts the image data captured by the RGB camera, and sends the message queue DPxpMsg.id = QMSG_PXP_DISPLAY to the task (PXP_Task) created in the APP_PXP_Start() function and EQIndex++, meanwhile switch the camera from RGB to IR. After the APP_PXPStartCamera2Display() function in the task (PXP_Task) completes processing, it sends the message queue s_DResMsg.id = QMSG_PXP_DISPLAY to the task (Camera_Task), and the task (Camera_Task) sends the message queue DresMsg.id = QMSG_DISPLAY_FRAME_RES to the task (Display_Task) after receiving the above message queue. The task (Display_Task) completes display, then it sends the message queue s_DisplayReqMsg.id = QMSG_DISPLAY_FRAME_REQ to the task (Camera_Task) to make pDispData point to the s_BufferLcd[1] array; After the IR camera completes capturing work, CAMERA_RECEIVER_GetFullBuffer() extracts the image data and sends the message queue DPxpMsg.id = QMSG_PXP_DISPLAY to the (PXP_Task) task created in the APP_PXP_Start() function, continue to execute EQIndex++ and switch to RGB camera again, and repeat the steps 5. Finally, send the message queue FPxpMsg.id = QMSG_PXP_FACEREC to the task (PXP_Task) and set irReady = true. After the task (PXP_Task) receives the above message queue, it calls APP_PXPStartCamera2DetBuf() and after completes the processing, sends the message queue s_FResMsg.id = QMSG_PXP_FACEREC to the task (Camera_Task); CAMERA_RECEIVER_GetFullBuffer() extracts the image data collected by the RGB camera, repeat step 5, when (pDetRGB && irReady) condition is met, send the message queue FPxpMsg.id = QMSG_PXP_FACEREC to the task (PXP_Task) and set irReady = false, pDetRGB = NULL, pDetIR = NULL. After the task (PXP_Task) receives the above message queue, it calls APP_PXPStartCamera2DetBuf() and after completes the processing, sends the message queue s_FResMsg.id = QMSG_PXP_FACEREC to the task (Camera_Task). At this time, the (!pDetIR && !pDetRGB) condition is met and the Queue message FResMsg.id = QMSG_FACEREC_FRAME_RES is sent to the task (Oasis_Task), run OASISLT_run_extend to perform face recognition calculation, and send the message queue gFaceDetReqMsg.id = QMSG_FACEREC_FRAME_REQ to the task (Camera_Task) to make the pDetIR and pDetRGB point to the face block diagram captured by the RGB and IR cameras again. keep repeat steps 6 and 7; Fig5 sln_viznas_iot_elock_oobe's workflow flow Smart Coffee machine Fig 6 is the workflow of the smart coffee machine that I want to develop for, as there is no LCD board on hand, in the below development process, I will select Win10's camera (as the below figure shows) to output the captured image, further, take advantage of the Shell command to simulate the LCD's touch feature to interact with the board.   Fig6 workflow of the smart coffee machine Fig7 Camera Code modification In the commondef.h, add a new member variable 'uint16_t coffee_taste' in Union FeatureItem to stand for the favorite coffee taste; typedef union { struct { /*put char/unsigned char together to avoid padding*/ unsigned char magic; char name[FEATUREDATA_NAME_MAX_LEN]; int index; // this id identify a feature uniquely,we should use it as a handler for feature add/del/update/rename uint16_t id; uint16_t pad; // Add a new component uint16_t coffee_taste; /*put feature in the last so, we can take it as dynamic, size limitation: * (FEATUREDATA_FLASH_PAGE_SIZE * 2 - 1 - FEATUREDATA_NAME_MAX_LEN - 4 - 4 -2)/4*/ float feature[0]; }; unsigned char raw[FEATUREDATA_FLASH_PAGE_SIZE * 2]; } FeatureItem; // 1kB   In featuredb.h, add two member functions into class FeatureDB:  set_taste()  and  get_taste() , and add the definition of the above two member functions in featuredb.cpp; class FeatureDB { public: FeatureDB(); ~FeatureDB(); int add_feature(uint16_t id, const std::string name, float *feature); int update_feature(uint16_t id, const std::string name, float *feature); int del_feature(uint16_t id, std::string name); int del_feature(const std::string name); int del_feature_all(); std::vector<std::string> get_names(); int get_name(uint16_t id, std::string &name); std::vector<uint16_t> get_ids(); int ren_name(const std::string oldname, const std::string newname); int feature_count(); int get_free(int &index); int database_save(int count); int get_feature(uint16_t id, float *feature); void set_autosave(bool auto_save); bool get_autosave(); //Add two customize member functions int set_taste(const std::string username, uint16_t taste_number); int get_taste(const std::string username); private: bool auto_save; int load_feature(); int erase_feature(int index); int save_feature(int index = 0); int reassign_feature(); int get_free_mapmagic(); int get_remain_map(); }; int FeatureDB::set_taste(const std::string username, uint16_t taste_number) { int index = FEATUREDATA_MAX_COUNT; for (int i = 0; i < FEATUREDATA_MAX_COUNT; i++) { if (s_FeatureData.item[i].magic == FEATUREDATA_MAGIC_VALID) { if (!strcmp(username.c_str(), s_FeatureData.item[i].name)) { index = i; } } } if (index != FEATUREDATA_MAX_COUNT) { s_FeatureData.item[index].coffee_taste = taste_number; return 0; } else { return -1; } } int FeatureDB::get_taste(const std::string username) { int index = FEATUREDATA_MAX_COUNT; int taste_number; for (int i = 0; i < FEATUREDATA_MAX_COUNT; i++) { if (s_FeatureData.item[i].magic == FEATUREDATA_MAGIC_VALID) { if (!strcmp(username.c_str(), s_FeatureData.item[i].name)) { index = i; } } } if (index != FEATUREDATA_MAX_COUNT) { taste_number = s_FeatureData.item[index].coffee_taste; return taste_number; } else { return -1; } }   In database.h, add the declarations of  DB_Set_Taste()  and  DB_Get_Taste()  functions, and in database.cpp, add the related codes of the above two functions. These two functions are equivalent to encapsulating the newly added member functions set_taste() and get_taste() of the FeatureDB class; int DB_Del(uint16_t id, std::string name); int DB_Del(string name); int DB_DelAll(); int DB_Ren(const std::string oldname, const std::string newname); int DB_GetFree(int &index); int DB_GetNames(std::vector<std::string> *names); int DB_Count(int *count); int DB_Save(int count); int DB_GetFeature(uint16_t id, float *feature); int DB_Add(uint16_t id, float *feature); int DB_Add(uint16_t id, std::string name, float *feature); int DB_Update(uint16_t id, float *feature); int DB_GetIDs(std::vector<uint16_t> &ids); int DB_GetName(uint16_t id, std::string &names); int DB_GenID(uint16_t *id); int DB_SetAutoSave(bool auto_save); // Add two customize functions int DB_Set_Taste(const std::string username, const uint16_t taste); int DB_Get_Taste(const std::string username); int DB_Set_Taste(const std::string username, const uint16_t taste) { int ret = DB_MGMT_FAILED; ret = DB_Lock(); if (DB_MGMT_OK == ret) { ret = s_DB->set_taste(username, taste); DB_UnLock(); } return ret; } int DB_Get_Taste(const std::string username) { int ret = DB_MGMT_FAILED; ret = DB_Lock(); if (DB_MGMT_OK == ret) { ret = s_DB->get_taste(username); DB_UnLock(); } return ret; } In sln_api.h, add the declarations of the functions  VIZN_SetTaste() ,  VIZN_GetTaste()  and  VIZN_Is_Rec_User() , and add the codes of the above three functions in sln_api.cpp. The VIZN_SetTaste() and VIZN_GetTaste() functions are equivalent to the encapsulation of the DB_Set_Taste() and DB_Get_Taste() functions. Why is it so complicated? To follow the code layering mechanism of the elock_oobe project and reduce the difficulty of code implementation through code layered encapsulation. /** * @brief Set user's favorite coffee taste. * * @Param clientHandle The client handler which required this action * @Param userName Pointer to a buffer which contains the name of the new user. * @Param taste Coffee taste */ vizn_api_status_t VIZN_SetTaste(VIZN_api_client_t *clientHandle, char *UserName, cfg_Coffee_taste taste); /** * @brief Set user's favorite coffee taste. * * @Param clientHandle The client handler which required this action * @Param userName Pointer to a buffer which contains the name of the new user. * @Param taste Pointer to the Coffee taste */ vizn_api_status_t VIZN_GetTaste(VIZN_api_client_t *clientHandle, char *UserName, int *taste); vizn_api_status_t VIZN_Is_Rec_User(VIZN_api_client_t *clientHandle, char *UserName); ~~~~~~~~~ vizn_api_status_t VIZN_SetTaste(VIZN_api_client_t *clientHandle, char *UserName, cfg_Coffee_taste taste) { int32_t status; if (!IsValidUserName(UserName)) { return kStatus_API_Layer_RenameUser_InvalidUserName; } status = DB_Set_Taste(std::string(UserName), (uint16_t)taste); if (status == 0) { return kStatus_API_Layer_Success; } else if (status == -1) { return kStatus_API_Layer_SetTaste_Failed; } } vizn_api_status_t VIZN_GetTaste(VIZN_api_client_t *clientHandle, char *UserName, int *taste) { int32_t status; if (!IsValidUserName(UserName)) { return kStatus_API_Layer_RenameUser_InvalidUserName; } *taste = DB_Get_Taste(std::string(UserName)); if (*taste != -1) { return kStatus_API_Layer_Success; } else { return kStatus_API_Layer_GetTaste_Failed; } } vizn_api_status_t VIZN_Is_Rec_User(VIZN_api_client_t *clientHandle, char *UserName) { if (!IsValidUserName(UserName)) { return kStatus_API_Layer_RenameUser_InvalidUserName; } return kStatus_API_Layer_Success; } In sln_api_init.cpp, declare the variable:  std::string Current_User = "" ; which is used to store the name corresponding to the face after recognition, and add the processing function  Coffee_Rec()  after successful face recognition in the structure variable ops2; std::string Current_User = " "; //Add customize function int Coffee_Rec(VIZN_api_client_t *pClient, face_info_t face_info); client_operations_t ops2 = { .detect = NULL, .recognize = Coffee_Rec,//NULL, .enrolment = NULL, }; //Add customize function int Coffee_Rec(VIZN_api_client_t *pClient, face_info_t face_info) { Current_User = face_info.name; return 1; } In sln_timers.h, increase MS_SYSTEM_LOCKED to extend the locked status time to 25 seconds; ~~~~~~~~ #define MS_SYSTEM_LOCKED 25000 //2000 // MS in which the board is in a locked state after a reg/rec. ~~~~~~~~ In sln_cli.cpp, add three Shell commands: order, set_taste, get_taste to stand for the operations of brewing coffee, setting coffee taste, and checking coffee taste; SHELL_COMMAND_DEFINE(set_taste, (char *)"\r\n\"set_taste username <0|1|2|3|~>\": set user's favorite taste\r\n" "0 - Cappuccino\r\n" "1 - Black Coffee\r\n" "2 - Coffee latte\r\n" "3 - Flat White\r\n" "4 - Cortado\r\n" "5 - Mocha\r\n" "6 - Con Panna\r\n" "7 - Lungo\r\n" "8 - Ristretto\r\n" "9 - Others \r\n", FFI_CLI_SetTasteCommand, SHELL_IGNORE_PARAMETER_COUNT); SHELL_COMMAND_DEFINE(get_taste, (char *)"\r\n\"get_taste username\": return user's favorite taste \r\n", FFI_CLI_GetTasteCommand, SHELL_IGNORE_PARAMETER_COUNT); SHELL_COMMAND_DEFINE(order, (char *)"\r\n\"order <0|1|2|3|~>\": order a favorite taste \r\n", FFI_CLI_OrderCommand, SHELL_IGNORE_PARAMETER_COUNT); ~~~~~~ static shell_status_t FFI_CLI_SetTasteCommand(shell_handle_t shellContextHandle, int32_t argc, char **argv) { if (argc != 3) { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Wrong parameters\r\n"); return kStatus_SHELL_Error; } return UsbShell_QueueSendFromISR(shellContextHandle, argc, argv, SHELL_EV_FFI_CLI_SET_TASTE); } static shell_status_t FFI_CLI_GetTasteCommand(shell_handle_t shellContextHandle, int32_t argc, char **argv) { if (argc != 2) { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Wrong parameters\r\n"); return kStatus_SHELL_Error; } return UsbShell_QueueSendFromISR(shellContextHandle, argc, argv, SHELL_EV_FFI_CLI_GET_TASTE); } shell_status_t FFI_CLI_OrderCommand(shell_handle_t shellContextHandle, int32_t argc, char **argv) { if (argc > 2) { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Wrong parameters\r\n"); return kStatus_SHELL_Error; } return UsbShell_QueueSendFromISR(shellContextHandle, argc, argv, SHELL_EV_FFI_CLI_ORDER); } ~~~~~~ shell_status_t RegisterFFICmds(shell_handle_t shellContextHandle) { SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(list)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(add)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(del)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(rename)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(verbose)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(camera)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(version)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(save)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(updateotw)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(reset)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(emotion)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(liveness)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(detection)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(display)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(wifi)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(app_type)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(low_power)); // Add three Shell commands SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(order)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(set_taste)); SHELL_RegisterCommand(shellContextHandle, SHELL_COMMAND(get_taste)); return kStatus_SHELL_Success; } In sln_cli.cpp, it needs to add corresponding codes for handle order, set_taste, get_taste instructions in task UsbShell_CmdProcess_Task else if (queueMsg.shellCommand == SHELL_EV_FFI_CLI_SET_TASTE) { int coffee_taste = atoi(queueMsg.argv[2]); if (coffee_taste >= Cappuccino && coffee_taste <= Others) { status = VIZN_SetTaste(&VIZN_API_CLIENT(Shell),(char *)queueMsg.argv[1], (cfg_Coffee_taste)coffee_taste); if (status == kStatus_API_Layer_Success) { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "User: %s like coffee taste: %s \r\n", queueMsg.argv[1], Coffee_type[coffee_taste]); } else { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Cannot set coffee taste\r\n"); } } else { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Unsupported coffee taste\r\n"); } } else if (queueMsg.shellCommand == SHELL_EV_FFI_CLI_GET_TASTE) { int get_taste_num = 0; status = VIZN_GetTaste(&VIZN_API_CLIENT(Shell),(char *)queueMsg.argv[1], &get_taste_num); if (status == kStatus_API_Layer_Success) { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "User: %s like coffee taste: %s \r\n", queueMsg.argv[1], Coffee_type[(cfg_Coffee_taste)(get_taste_num)]); } else { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Cannot get coffee taste\r\n"); } } else if (queueMsg.shellCommand == SHELL_EV_FFI_CLI_ORDER) { status = VIZN_Is_Rec_User(&VIZN_API_CLIENT(Shell),(char *)Current_User.c_str()); if (status == kStatus_API_Layer_Success) { if (queueMsg.argc == 1) { int get_taste_num = 0; status = VIZN_GetTaste(&VIZN_API_CLIENT(Shell),(char*)Current_User.c_str(), &get_taste_num); if (status == kStatus_API_Layer_Success) { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "User: %s order the a cup of %s \r\n", Current_User.c_str(), Coffee_type[(cfg_Coffee_taste)(get_taste_num)]); } else { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Sorry, please order again, Current user is %s\r\n",Current_User.c_str()); } } else if(queueMsg.argc == 2) { int coffee_taste = atoi(queueMsg.argv[1]); if (coffee_taste >= Cappuccino && coffee_taste <= Others) { status = VIZN_SetTaste(&VIZN_API_CLIENT(Shell),(char*)Current_User.c_str(), (cfg_Coffee_taste)coffee_taste); if (status == kStatus_API_Layer_Success) { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "User: %s order a cup of %s \r\n", Current_User.c_str(), Coffee_type[coffee_taste]); } else { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Cannot set coffee taste, Current user is %s\r\n",Current_User.c_str()); } } else { SHELL_Printf(shellContextHandle, "Unsupported coffee taste\r\n"); } } } } Use the cafe logo of《Friends》to replace the original Welcome_home picture, use the BmpCvt tool to convert the picture into the corresponding array, and add it to welcomehome_320x122.h. static const unsigned short Coffee_shop_320_122[] = { 0x59E6, 0x6227, 0x6247, 0x59C5, 0x59C5, 0x59A5, 0x4103, 0x6A67, 0x6A47, 0x6227, 0x6A47, 0x6A68, 0x7268, 0x6A67, 0x6A67, 0x6A47, 0x72A9, 0x6A68, 0x7268, 0x6A48, 0x5A06, 0x6A88, 0x6A68, 0x6247, 0x6A47, 0x7289, 0x7289, 0x6A47, 0x6A47, 0x6A47, 0x6227, 0x6A68, 0x6206, 0x6A47, 0x5A26, 0x6247, 0x6227, 0x6A27, 0x4924, 0x836D, 0x5207, 0x7BAC, 0x5247, 0x83ED, 0x4A47, 0x2923, 0x7B8C, 0x49E5, 0x49E5, 0x4A05, 0x28C1, 0x5226, 0x6267, 0x6A87, 0x72E9, 0x6267, 0x6AA9, 0x5A27, 0x6AA9, 0x6AA9, 0x5A47, 0x6A88, 0x5A06, 0x5A47, 0x6AA9, 0x5A47, 0x62A9, 0x5206, 0x6288, 0x6268, 0x5A47, 0x5A27, 0x5A47, 0x5A27, 0x49E6, 0x4A07, 0x4A07, 0x5A89, 0x49C6, 0x5A48, 0x5A28, 0x5A47, 0x5226, 0x49E6, 0x49C6, 0x41A6, 0x5208, 0x2082, 0x52A8, 0x6B6B, 0x39A5, 0x39A5, 0x3964, 0x49E7, 0x3104, 0x49C7, 0x3945, 0x41A6, 0x28A2, 0x2061, 0x3965, 0x28E3, 0x1881, 0x3944, 0x3103, 0x3103, 0x3903, 0x4145, 0x51A6, 0x51C6, 0x4985, 0x51E6, 0x51E6, 0x61E7, 0x6A48, 0x6A28, 0x6A28, 0x6A27, 0x61E6, 0x6207, 0x6A68, 0x59E7, 0x4185, 0x51E6, 0x51A6, 0x6228, 0x5A07, 0x6228, 0x5A08, 0x4184, 0x41A5, 0x4164, 0x3944, 0x3944, 0x736B, 0x83ED, 0x41A5, 0x83ED, 0x6288, 0x8BAB, 0x836A, 0x6287, 0x6B2A, 0x5267, 0x83CD, 0x5A68, 0x5228, 0x3986, 0x3985, 0x7B0A, 0x6A67, 0x7267, 0x832B, 0x49A5, 0x6206, 0x8AC9, 0x72A8, 0x82C9, 0x82E9, 0x8309, 0x6A46, 0x8B2B, 0x3860, 0x8329, 0x6A67, 0x7288, 0x7268, 0x61E6, 0x7267, 0x6A67, 0x59C5, 0x51A4, 0x6A46, 0x7AA8, 0x6A26, 0x7287, 0x7AA8, 0x72A8, 0x72A9, 0x51C5, 0x5A27, 0x5A27, 0x3923, 0x ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 0x7B8C, 0x734B, 0x6B0A, 0x83CD, 0x83ED, 0x8C0E, 0x7B8C, 0x7B6C, 0x20C2, 0x5227, 0x83ED, 0x6AE9, 0x734B, 0x62A9, 0x7B6B, 0x7B8C, 0x62E9, 0x7BAC, 0x7B6B, 0x732A, 0x940D, 0x83AC, 0x732A, 0x7309, 0x8BCC, 0x7309, 0x8BCD, 0x83AC, 0x7B6B, 0x940D, 0x3943, 0x942E, 0x7B6B, 0x734A, 0x7B8B, 0x62C8, 0x7B8B, 0x7B6A, 0x7BAB, 0x732A, 0x7B6B, 0x7B6B, 0x83CC, 0x6B09, 0x6AA9, 0x6AE9, 0x7B6B, 0x7B8B, 0x83AC, 0x734B, 0x6AC9, 0x6B0A, 0x734B, 0x734A, 0x62A8, 0x732A, 0x8C0E, 0x8BCD, 0x944F, 0x734B, 0x7B8B, 0x732A, 0x942E, 0x8BCD, 0x83AD, 0x732B, 0x6B0A, 0x6AEA, 0x62C9, 0x9C90, 0x28C2, 0x8BEE, 0x93EE, 0x8BCD, 0x4183, 0x838B, 0x7B6A, 0x6287, 0x8BCB }; Programming the new project After saving the modified code and recompile the sln_viznas_iot_elock_oobe project (as shown in the figure below), then connect the MCU-LINK to J6 on the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT, just like Fig9 shows. Fig8 Recompile code Fig9 MCU-LINK (Note: it needs to reselect the Flash driver, as the below figure shows.) Fig10 Flash driver After that, it's able to program the code project to the on-board Hyperflash. Test & Summary When the new code project boot-up, please refer to Get Started with the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT to use the serial terminal to test the newly added three Shell commands: orders, set_taste, and get_taste. Once a face is successfully recognized, the cafe logo will appear up (as shown in Fig11). Fig11 Cafe logo Definitely, this smart coffee machine seems like a 'toy' demo, and there is a lot of work to improve it. Below is the list of my future work plans, Use the LCD panel instead of USB to display; Connect an external amplifier to enable voice prompt feature; Enable the Wifi feature to connect to the App; Use the GUI library to enhance UI experience; Add a voice recognition feature to control; And I'll be glad to hear any comments from you.    
View full article
MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING TOOL是官方今年上半年推出的一个针对安全的软件工具,操作起来非常的简单便捷而且稳定可靠,对于安全功能不熟悉的用户十分友好。但就是目前功能还不是很完善,只能支持HAB的相关操作,后续像BEE之类的需等待更新。 详细的介绍信息以及用户手册请参考官方网址:MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool | Software Development for NXP Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP | NXP  目前似乎知道这个工具的客户还不是很多,大部分用的更多的还是MCU BOOT UTILITY。那么如果已经用了MCU BOOT UTILITY烧录了FUSE,现在想用官方工具了怎么办了?其实对两者进行研究对比后,他们最原始的执行部分都是一样的,所以我们按照如下步骤进行相应的简单替换就能把新工具用起来: 首先是crts可keys的替换, MCU BOOT UTILITY的路径是在: ..\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\tools\cst MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING的对应路径是在对应workspace的根目录: 另外还有一个就是encrypted模式会用到的hab_cert,需要将下面这两个文件对应替换,而且两个工具的命名不同,注意修改。 MCU BOOT UTILITY的路径是在: ..\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\gen\hab_cert MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING的路径是workspace里: ..\secure_provisioning_RT1050\gen_hab_certs MCU BOOT UTILITY里命名为:SRK_1_2_3_4_table.bin; SRK_1_2_3_4_fuse.bin MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING里命名为:SRK_fuses.bin; SRK_hash.bin 至此,就能够在新工具上用起来了 最后提一下,就是这个新工具是可以建不同的workspace来相应存储不同秘钥的项目,能够方便用户区分。在新工具下建的项目也是可以互相替换秘钥的,参考上术步骤中的secure provisioning部分即可。
View full article
1.  Abstract NXP EdgeReady solution can use RT106/5 S/L/A/F to achieve speech recognition, but the relevant support software libraries for the RT4-bit series are limited to the S/L/A/F series, if you want to use normal RT chips, how to achieve speech recognition functions? NXP officially launched the VIT software package in the SDK, which can support RT1060, RT1160, RT1170, RT600, RT500 to achieve SDK-based speech recognition functions. For the acquisition of weather information, usually customer can connect with a third-party platform or the cloud weather API, using http client method to access directly, the current weather API platforms, you can register it, then call the API directly, so you can use the RT SDK lwip socket client method to call the corresponding weather API, to achieve real-time specific geographical location weather forecast data.     This article will use MIMXRT1060-EVK to implement customer-defined wake-up word(WW) and voice recognition word recognition(VC) based on SDK VIT lib, and LWIP socket client to achieve real-time weather information acquisition in Shanghai, then print it to the terminal, this article mainly use the print to share the weather information, for the sound broadcasts, it also add the simple method to broadcast the fixed sound with mp3 audio data, but for the freely sound broadcast, it may need to use real-time TTS function, which is not added now.     The system block diagram of this document is as follows:   Fig 1 System Block diagram The VIT custom wake-up word of this system is "小恩小恩", and after waking up, one of the following recognition words can be recognized: ”开灯”("Turn on the lights"),“关灯”("Turn off the lights"),”今天天气”("Today's weather"),“明天天气”("Tomorrow's Weather"),“后天天气”("The day after tomorrow's weather"). Turn on the light or Turn off the lights , that is to control  the external LED red light on the EVK board. ”今天天气” gets today’s weather forecast, it is in the following format:                     "date": "2022-05-27",                     "week": "5",                     "dayweather": "阴",                     "nightweather": "阴",                     "daytemp": "28",                     "nighttemp": "21",                     "daywind": "东南",                     "nightwind": "东南",                     "daypower": "≤3",                     "nightpower": "≤3" “明天天气”,“后天天气” are the same format, but it is 1-2 days after the date of today. To get the weather data, the MIMXRT1060-EVK board needs to connect the network to achieve the acquisition of the Gaode Map(restapi.amap.com) Weather API data. 2.  Related preparations 2.1 Weather API Platform     At present, there are many third-party platforms that can obtain weather on the Internet for Chinese, such as: Baidu Intelligent Cloud, Baidu Map API, Huawei cloud platform, Juhe weather, Gaode Map API, and so on. This article tried several platform, the test results found: Baidu intelligent cloud, the number of daily free calls is small, the need for real-time synthesis of AK, SK, cumbersome to call; Baidu Map API needs to upload ID card information; Several others have a similar situation. In the end, the Gaode Map API with convenient registration, many daily calls and relatively full feedback weather data information was selected.     Here, we mainly talk about the Gaode Map API usage, the link is: https://lbs.amap.com/api/webservice/guide/api/weatherinfo Create the account and the API key, then add the relevant parameters to implement the call of the weather API, the application for API Key is as follows: Fig 2 Gaode map API key The following diagram shows the call volume:   Fig 3 Gaode Map API call volume This is the API calling format:   Fig 4 Weather API calling parameters So, the full Gaode Map API link should like this: https://restapi.amap.com/v3/weather/weatherInfo?key=xxxxxxx&city=xxx&extensions=all&output=JSON If need to test the Shanghai weather, city code is 310000. 2.2 Postman test weather API     Postman is an interface testing tool, when doing interface testing, Postman is equivalent to a client, it can simulate various HTTP requests initiated by users, send the request data to the server, obtain the corresponding response results, and verify whether the result data in the response matches the expected value. Postman download link: https://www.postman.com/   After finding the proper weather API platform and the calling link, use the postman do the http GET operation to capture the weather data, refer to the Fig 4, fill the related parameters to the postman: Fig 5 Postman call weather API Send Get command, we can find the weather information in the position 7, the complete all information is: {     "status": "1",     "count": "1",     "info": "OK",     "infocode": "10000",     "forecasts": [         {             "city": "上海市",             "adcode": "310000",             "province": "上海",             "reporttime": "2022-05-27 17:34:12",             "casts": [                 {                     "date": "2022-05-27",                     "week": "5",                     "dayweather": "阴",                     "nightweather": "阴",                     "daytemp": "28",                     "nighttemp": "21",                     "daywind": "东南",                     "nightwind": "东南",                     "daypower": "≤3",                     "nightpower": "≤3"                 },                 {                     "date": "2022-05-28",                     "week": "6",                     "dayweather": "小雨",                     "nightweather": "中雨",                     "daytemp": "24",                     "nighttemp": "20",                     "daywind": "东南",                     "nightwind": "东南",                     "daypower": "≤3",                     "nightpower": "≤3"                 },                 {                     "date": "2022-05-29",                     "week": "7",                     "dayweather": "大雨",                     "nightweather": "小雨",                     "daytemp": "23",                     "nighttemp": "20",                     "daywind": "南",                     "nightwind": "南",                     "daypower": "≤3",                     "nightpower": "≤3"                 },                 {                     "date": "2022-05-30",                     "week": "1",                     "dayweather": "小雨",                     "nightweather": "晴",                     "daytemp": "27",                     "nighttemp": "20",                     "daywind": "北",                     "nightwind": "北",                     "daypower": "≤3",                     "nightpower": "≤3"                 }             ]         }     ] }   We can see, it can capture the continuous 4 days information, with this information, we can get the weather information easily. From the postman, we also can see the Get code, like this: Fig 6 postman API HTTP code     With this API which already passed the testing, it can capture the complete weather information, here, we can consider adding the working http API to the MIMXRT1060-EVK code.    2.3 VIT custom commands     From the maestro code of the RT1060 SDK, we can know that the SDK already supports the VIT library, what is VIT?     VIT's full name: Voice Intelligent Technology, the library provides voice recognition services designed to wake up and recognize specific commands, control IOT, and the smart home. Fig 7 VIT system block diagram     In NXP RT1060 SDK code, the generated wake word and command word have been provided and placed in the VIT_Model.h file. If in the customer's project, how to customize the wake word and command word? With the NXP's efforts, we have made a web page form for customers to choose their own command, and then generate the corresponding VIT_Model.h file for code to call. VIT command word generation web page is: https://vit.nxp.com/#/home     Login the NXP account, choose the RT chip partn umber, wakeup word, voice command. Please note, the current supported RT chip is: RT1060,RT1160,RT1170,RT600,RT500 The following is the example for generating wakeup word and voice command:   Fig 8 Custom VIT configuration Fig 9 generated result Download the generated model, you can get VIT_Model_cn.h, open to see the command word information and related model data stored in the const PL_MEM_ALIGN (PL_UINT8 VIT_Model_cn[], VIT_MODEL_ALIGN_BYTES) array, the command word information is as follows: WakeWord supported : " 小恩 小恩 " Voice Commands supported     Cmd_Id : Cmd_Name       0    : UNKNOWN       1    : 开灯       2    : 关灯       3    : 今天 天气       4    : 明天 天气       5    : 后天 天气 Use the RT1060 SDK maestro_record demo to test this custom command result:   Fig 10 Custom Wakeup word and voice command test From the test result, we can see, both the wakeup word and voice command is detected. 3 Software code 3.1 LWIP socket client code capture weather API From chapter 2.2, we have been able to obtain the weather API and through testing, we can successfully achieve weather acquisition, so we need to add relevant commands in combination with the needs of our own system. For the acquisition of the weather API, the lwip code based on the RT1060 SDK is in the form of socket client. The relevant code is as follows: #define PORT 80 #define IP_ADDR "59.82.9.133" uint8_t get_weather[]= "GET /v3/weather/weatherInfo?key=xxx&city=310000&extensions=all&output=JSON HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: restapi.amap.com\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n"; if (sys_thread_new("weather_main", weathermain_thread, NULL, HTTPD_STACKSIZE, HTTPD_PRIORITY) == NULL) LWIP_ASSERT("main(): Task creation failed.", 0); static void weathermain_thread(void *arg) { static struct netif netif; ip4_addr_t netif_ipaddr, netif_netmask, netif_gw; ethernetif_config_t enet_config = { .phyHandle = &phyHandle, .macAddress = configMAC_ADDR, }; LWIP_UNUSED_ARG(arg); mdioHandle.resource.csrClock_Hz = EXAMPLE_CLOCK_FREQ; IP4_ADDR(&netif_ipaddr, configIP_ADDR0, configIP_ADDR1, configIP_ADDR2, configIP_ADDR3); IP4_ADDR(&netif_netmask, configNET_MASK0, configNET_MASK1, configNET_MASK2, configNET_MASK3); IP4_ADDR(&netif_gw, configGW_ADDR0, configGW_ADDR1, configGW_ADDR2, configGW_ADDR3); tcpip_init(NULL, NULL); netifapi_netif_add(&netif, &netif_ipaddr, &netif_netmask, &netif_gw, &enet_config, EXAMPLE_NETIF_INIT_FN, tcpip_input); netifapi_netif_set_default(&netif); netifapi_netif_set_up(&netif); PRINTF("\r\n************************************************\r\n"); PRINTF(" TCP client example\r\n"); PRINTF("************************************************\r\n"); PRINTF(" IPv4 Address : %u.%u.%u.%u\r\n", ((u8_t *)&netif_ipaddr)[0], ((u8_t *)&netif_ipaddr)[1], ((u8_t *)&netif_ipaddr)[2], ((u8_t *)&netif_ipaddr)[3]); PRINTF(" IPv4 Subnet mask : %u.%u.%u.%u\r\n", ((u8_t *)&netif_netmask)[0], ((u8_t *)&netif_netmask)[1], ((u8_t *)&netif_netmask)[2], ((u8_t *)&netif_netmask)[3]); PRINTF(" IPv4 Gateway : %u.%u.%u.%u\r\n", ((u8_t *)&netif_gw)[0], ((u8_t *)&netif_gw)[1], ((u8_t *)&netif_gw)[2], ((u8_t *)&netif_gw)[3]); PRINTF("************************************************\r\n"); sys_thread_new("weather", weather_thread, NULL, DEFAULT_THREAD_STACKSIZE, DEFAULT_THREAD_PRIO); vTaskDelete(NULL); } static void weather_thread(void *arg) { int sock = -1,rece; struct sockaddr_in client_addr; char* host_ip; ip4_addr_t dns_ip; err_t err; uint32_t *pSDRAM= pvPortMalloc(BUF_LEN);// host_ip = HOST_NAME; PRINTF("host name : %s , host_ip : %s\r\n",HOST_NAME,host_ip); while(1) { sock = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0); if (sock < 0) { PRINTF("Socket error\n"); vTaskDelay(10); continue; } client_addr.sin_family = AF_INET; client_addr.sin_port = htons(PORT); client_addr.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr(host_ip); memset(&(client_addr.sin_zero), 0, sizeof(client_addr.sin_zero)); if (connect(sock, (struct sockaddr *)&client_addr, sizeof(struct sockaddr)) == -1) { PRINTF("Connect failed!\n"); closesocket(sock); vTaskDelay(10); continue; } PRINTF("Connect to server successful!\r\n"); write(sock,get_weather,sizeof(get_weather)); while (1) { rece = recv(sock, (uint8_t*)pSDRAM, BUF_LEN, 0);//BUF_LEN if (rece <= 0) break; memcpy(weather_data.weather_info, pSDRAM,1500);//max 1457 } Weather_process(); memset(pSDRAM,0,BUF_LEN); closesocket(sock); vTaskDelay(10000); } }  3.2 VIT detect customer command code    Put the generated VIT_Model_cn.h to the maestro_record folder path:   vit\RT1060_CortexM7\Lib    The specific wake word and voice command related code can be viewed from the code vit_pro.c, mainly involving function is: int VIT_Execute(void *arg, void *inputBuffer, int size) The code is modified as follows, mainly to record the wake and wake word number, for specific function control, the command directly controlled here is the local "开灯:turn on the light", "关灯:turn off the light" command, as for the weather command needs to call the socket client API, so in the main lwip call area combined with the command word recognition number to call: if (VIT_DetectionResults == VIT_WW_DETECTED) { PRINTF(" - WakeWord detected \r\n"); weather_data.ww_flag = 1; //kerry } else if (VIT_DetectionResults == VIT_VC_DETECTED) { // Retrieve id of the Voice Command detected // String of the Command can also be retrieved (when WW and CMDs strings are integrated in Model) VIT_Status = VIT_GetVoiceCommandFound(VITHandle, &VoiceCommand); if (VIT_Status != VIT_SUCCESS) { PRINTF("VIT_GetVoiceCommandFound error: %d\r\n", VIT_Status); return VIT_Status; // will stop processing VIT and go directly to MEM free } else { PRINTF(" - Voice Command detected %d", VoiceCommand.Cmd_Id); weather_data.vc_index = VoiceCommand.Cmd_Id;//kerry 1:ledon 2:ledoff 3:today weather 4:tomorrow weather 5:aftertomorrow weather if(weather_data.vc_index == 1)//1 { GPIO_PinWrite(GPIO1, 3, 1U); //pull high PRINTF(" led on!\r\n"); } else if(weather_data.vc_index == 2)//2 { GPIO_PinWrite(GPIO1, 3, 0U); //pull low PRINTF(" led off!\r\n"); } // Retrieve CMD Name: OPTIONAL // Check first if CMD string is present if (VoiceCommand.pCmd_Name != PL_NULL) { PRINTF(" %s\r\n", VoiceCommand.pCmd_Name); } else { PRINTF("\r\n"); } } }  3.3 Voice recognize weather information    In the weather_thread while, check the wakeup word and voice command, if meet the requirement, then create the socket connection, write the API and capture the weather data.   The related code is: while(1) { //add the command request, only cmd == weather flag, then call it. if((weather_data.ww_flag == 1)) { if(weather_data.vc_index >= 3) { // create connection //write API and read API Weather_process(); } memset(weather_data.weather_info, 0, sizeof(weather_data.weather_info)); weather_data.ww_flag = 0; weather_data.vc_index = 0; } vTaskDelay(10000); } void Weather_process(void) { char * datap, *datap1; datap = strstr((char*)weather_data.weather_info,"date"); if(datap != NULL) { memcpy(today_weather, datap,184);//max 1457 if(weather_data.vc_index == 3) { PRINTF("\r\n*******************today weather***********************************\n\r"); PRINTF("%s\r\n",today_weather); return; } } else return; datap1 = strstr(datap+4,"date"); if(datap1 != NULL) { memcpy(tomorr_weather, datap1,184);//max 1457 if(weather_data.vc_index == 4) { PRINTF("\r\n*******************tomorrow weather*******************************\n\r"); PRINTF("%s\r\n",tomorr_weather); return; } } else return; datap = strstr(datap1+4,"date"); if(datap != NULL) { memcpy(aftertom_weather, datap,184);//max 1457 if(weather_data.vc_index == 5) { PRINTF("\r\n*******************after tomorrow weather**************************\n\r"); PRINTF("%s\r\n",aftertom_weather); } } else return; }   Function Weather_process is used to refer to the voice recognized weather number to get the related date’s weather, and printf it. 4 Test result  the test result video: Print the log results as shown in Figure 11, after testing, you can see that the wakeup word and voice command can be successfully recognized, in the recognition of word sequence numbers 3, 4, 5 is the weather acquisition, you can successfully call the lwip socket client API, successfully obtain weather information and printf it.   Fig 11 system test print result  evkmimxrt1060_maestro_weather_backup.zip is the project without sound playback, weather information will print to the terminal! 5 Meet issues conclusion 5.1 LWIP failed to get weather    When creating the code, call the postman provided http code: GET /v3/weather/weatherInfo?key=8f777fc7d867908eebbad7f96a13af10&amp; city=310000&amp; extensions=all&amp; output=JSON HTTP/1.1 Host: restapi.amap.com    Add it to the socket API function: uint8_t get_weather[]= "GET /v3/weather/weatherInfo?key=xxx&amp;city=310000&amp;extensions=all&amp;output=JSON HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: restapi.amap.com\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n";    The test result is:   Fig 12 socket weather API return issues     We can see, server connection is OK, http also return back the data, but it report the parameter issues, after checking, we use the postman C code, and put it to the get_weather: uint8_t get_weather[]= "GET /v3/weather/weatherInfo?key=xxx&city=310000&extensions=all&output=JSON HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: restapi.amap.com\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n"; Then, it can capture the weather data, the same as postman test result. 5.2 VIT LWIP merger memory is not enough     After combining the maestro_record and lwip socket code together, compile it, it will meet the DTCM memory overflow issues. Fig 13 memory overflow After optimize, still meet the DTCM overflow issues, so, at last, choose to reconfigure the FlexRAM: OCRAM 192K, DTCM 256K, ITCM 64K Compile it, and the memory overflow issues disappear:   Fig 14 FlexRAM recofiguration 5.3 Print Chinese word in tera    Directly use teraterm, when the weather API returns the Chinese word, the print out information is the garbled code, and then after the following configuration, to achieve Chinese printing: Setup  ->  Terminal Locale    : american->chinese Codepage : 65001 ->936 Fig 15 Tera Term Chinese word print In summary, after various data collection and problem solving, in MIMXRT1060-EVK board  combined with the official SDK complete the function of customizing VIT voice commands to obtain real-time weather and local control.So, even if the ordinary RT series which is not S/L/A/F series, you also can use VIT to implement speech recognition functions. 6 Add the sound broadcast    This chapter mainly gives the method how to add the sound broadcast with the mp3 video data which is stored in the memory, but to the realtime weather data playback, it is not very freely, it needs to check the weather data, and use the video mp3 data lib get the correct mp3 data, as it is not the online TTS method.     So, here, just share one example add the sound broadcast, eg: WW : “小恩小恩”    ->   “小恩来了,请吩咐!” VC  :“今天天气”   ->   “温度32.1度” VC playback is fixed now, if need to play real data, it needs to generate the mp3 voice data lib, then according to the feedback weather information, to generate the correct weather mp3 data array, and play it, as this is a little complicated, but not difficult, so here, just use one fixed sound give an example of it. 6.1 MP3 playback audio data preparation     For audio broadcasting which need to convert the Chinese word into MP3 files, you can use some online speech synthesis software, here use Baidu online speech synthesis function, you can view the previous article, chapter 2.2.2 online speech synthesis: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT106L-S-voice-control-system-based-on-the-Baidu-cloud/ta-p/1363295     If use the Baidu online speech synthesis generated mp3 file to convert to the c array directly, it will meet the first audio play issues, so, here we use the Audacity to convert the mp3 file, the convert configuration is like this:  Fig 16 Audacity convert configuration     After the regeneration of mp3, you can use xxd .exe to convert the mp3 file to an array of C files, and then put it into RT-related memory or external flash , xxd .exe can be found at the following link: https://github.com/baldram/ESP_VS1053_Library/issues/18 The convert command like this: xxd -i your-sound.mp3 ready-to-use-header.c Convert the xiaoencoming.mp3 and temptest.mp3 file to the C array, then modify the data to the C file, save file as: xiaoencoming.h and temptest.h. Here, take xiaoencoming.c as an example: #define XIAOEN_MP3_SIZE  6847 unsigned char xiaoencoming_mp3[XIAOEN_MP3_SIZE] = {   0x49, 0x44, 0x33, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x21, 0x54, 0x58, …   0x55, 0x55, 0x55, 0x55, 0x55, 0x55, 0x55 }; unsigned int xiaoencoming1_mp3_len = XIAOEN_MP3_SIZE;//6847; Until now, the playback audio data is finished.     Copy xiaoencoming.h and temptest.h to project path: evkmimxrt1060_maestro_weather_mp3\source 6.2 Play the MP3 data from memory    Here, share the related code. 6.2.1 app_streamer.c added code    #include "xiaoencoming.h" #include "temptest.h" void *voice_inBuf = NULL; void *voice_outBuf = NULL; status_t STREAMER_file_Create(streamer_handle_t *handle, char *filename, int eap_par) { STREAMER_CREATE_PARAM params; OsaThreadAttr thread_attr; int ret; ELEMENT_PROPERTY_T prop; MEMSRC_SET_BUFFER_T inBufInfo = {0}; SET_BUFFER_DESC_T outBufInfo = {0}; PRINTF("Kerry test begin!\r\n"); if(filename == "temptest.mp3") inBufInfo = (MEMSRC_SET_BUFFER_T){.location = (int8_t *)temptest_mp3, .size = TEMPtest_MP3_SIZE}; else if(filename == "xiaoencoming.mp3") inBufInfo = (MEMSRC_SET_BUFFER_T){.location = (int8_t *)xiaoencoming_mp3, .size = XIAOEN_MP3_SIZE}; /* Create message process thread */ osa_thread_attr_init(&thread_attr); osa_thread_attr_set_name(&thread_attr, STREAMER_MESSAGE_TASK_NAME); osa_thread_attr_set_stack_size(&thread_attr, STREAMER_MESSAGE_TASK_STACK_SIZE); ret = osa_thread_create(&msg_thread, &thread_attr, STREAMER_MessageTask, (void *)handle); osa_thread_attr_destroy(&thread_attr); if (ERRCODE_NO_ERROR != ret) { return kStatus_Fail; } /* Create streamer */ strcpy(params.out_mq_name, APP_STREAMER_MSG_QUEUE); params.stack_size = STREAMER_TASK_STACK_SIZE; params.pipeline_type = STREAM_PIPELINE_MEM; params.task_name = STREAMER_TASK_NAME; params.in_dev_name = "buffer"; params.out_dev_name = "speaker"; handle->streamer = streamer_create(&params); if (!handle->streamer) { return kStatus_Fail; } prop.prop = PROP_DECODER_DECODER_TYPE; prop.val = (uintptr_t)DECODER_TYPE_MP3; ret = streamer_set_property(handle->streamer, prop, true); if (ret != STREAM_OK) { streamer_destroy(handle->streamer); handle->streamer = NULL; return kStatus_Fail; } prop.prop = PROP_MEMSRC_SET_BUFF; prop.val = (uintptr_t)&inBufInfo; ret = streamer_set_property(handle->streamer, prop, true); if (ret != STREAM_OK) { streamer_destroy(handle->streamer); handle->streamer = NULL; return kStatus_Fail; } handle->audioPlaying = false; error: PRINTF("End STREAMER_file_Create\r\n"); PRINTF("Kerry test end!\r\n"); return kStatus_Success; }   The code implements the thread build, creates a streamer, defines it as playing from memory, decodes the properties for MP3, and specifies an array of MP3 files in memory. Specify a different array of mp3 files in memory based on the calling file name. 6.2.2 cmd.c added code void play_file(char *filename, int eap_par) { STREAMER_Init(); int ret = STREAMER_file_Create(&streamerHandle, filename, eap_par); if (ret != kStatus_Success) { PRINTF("STREAMER_file_Create failed\r\n"); goto file_error; } STREAMER_Start(&streamerHandle); PRINTF("Starting playback\r\n"); file_playing = true; while (streamerHandle.audioPlaying) { osa_time_delay(100); } file_playing = false; file_error: PRINTF("[play_file] Cleanup\r\n"); STREAMER_Destroy(&streamerHandle); osa_time_delay(100); }   Play file, it calls the STREAMER_file_Create API function, start play, and wait the play finished, then release the STREAMER. shellRecMIC API function add the VIT recorded flag, which is used to play feedback audio file. static shell_status_t shellRecMIC(shell_handle_t shellHandle, int32_t argc, char **argv) { … //kerry PRINTF("Kerry MP3 stream data test!\r\n"); PRINTF("---weather_data.ww_flag =%d--\r\n ", weather_data.ww_flag); PRINTF("---weather_data.vc_inde =%d--\r\n ", weather_data.vc_index); PRINTF("---weather_data.mp3_flag =%d--\r\n ", weather_data.mp3_flag); if(weather_data.ww_flag == 1) { play_file("xiaoencoming.mp3", 0); } if(weather_data.vc_index == 3) { play_file("temptest.mp3", 0); } if(weather_data.mp3_flag != 0) { weather_data.ww_flag = 0; weather_data.vc_index = 0; } weather_data.mp3_flag = 0; /* Delay for cleanup */ osa_time_delay(100); return kStatus_SHELL_Success; } If detect the Wakeup Word: “小恩小恩”, play feedback audio: “小恩来了请吩咐”. If detect the voice command: “今天天气”, play feedback audio: “温度32.1度”, please note, this playback just an example, it is the fixed audio, you also can create audio word lib, then according to the received weather information, combine the related word audio together, then playback it. This is a little complicated, but not difficult. So, if need to play the free audio, also can consider the online TTS method in real time. 6.2.3 VIT WW and VC flag VIT_Execute function int VIT_Execute(void *arg, void *inputBuffer, int size) { … if (VIT_DetectionResults == VIT_WW_DETECTED) { PRINTF(" - WakeWord detected \r\n"); weather_data.ww_flag = 1; //kerry weather_data.mp3_flag = 1; } else if (VIT_DetectionResults == VIT_VC_DETECTED) { // Retrieve id of the Voice Command detected // String of the Command can also be retrieved (when WW and CMDs strings are integrated in Model) VIT_Status = VIT_GetVoiceCommandFound(VITHandle, &VoiceCommand); if (VIT_Status != VIT_SUCCESS) { PRINTF("VIT_GetVoiceCommandFound error: %d\r\n", VIT_Status); return VIT_Status; // will stop processing VIT and go directly to MEM free } else { PRINTF(" - Voice Command detected %d", VoiceCommand.Cmd_Id); weather_data.vc_index = VoiceCommand.Cmd_Id;//kerry 1:ledon 2:ledoff 3:today weather 4:tomorrow weather 5:aftertomorrow weather weather_data.mp3_flag = 2; if(weather_data.vc_index == 1)//1 { GPIO_PinWrite(GPIO1, 3, 1U); //pull high PRINTF(" led on!\r\n"); } else if(weather_data.vc_index == 2)//2 { GPIO_PinWrite(GPIO1, 3, 0U); //pull low PRINTF(" led off!\r\n"); } // Retrieve CMD Name: OPTIONAL // Check first if CMD string is present if (VoiceCommand.pCmd_Name != PL_NULL) { PRINTF(" %s\r\n", VoiceCommand.pCmd_Name); } else { PRINTF("\r\n"); } } } return VIT_Status; }   Until now, all the code is added. 6.2.4  playback audio test result     This is the audio playback test result:   Fig 17 playback audio log   From the test result, we can see, we also can use the mp3 data which is stored in the memory and play it as audio playback.   The code project is: evkmimxrt1060_maestro_weather_mp3.zip.  
View full article
RT10xx image reserve the APP FCB methods 1. Abstract     Regarding RT10XX programming, it is mainly divided into two categories: 1) Serial download mode with blhost proramming     To this method, we can use the MCUBootUtility tool, or blhost+elftosb+sdphost cmd method, we also can use the NXP SPT(MCUXpresso secure provisional Tool). This programming need to enter the serial download mode, then use the flashloader supported UART or the USB HID interface. 2) Use Programmer or debugger with flashdriver programming This method is usually through the SWD/JTAG download interface combined with the debugger + IDE, or directly software burning, the chip mode can be in the internal boot, or in the serial download mode, with the help of the flashloader to generate the flash burning algorithm file. Method 2, The burning method using the debugger tool usually ensures that the burning code is consistent with the original APP.     Method 1, Uses the blhost method to download, usually blhost will regenerate an FCB with a full-featured LUT to burn to the external flash, and then burn the app code with IVT, that is, without the FCB header of the original APP, and re-assemble a blhost generated FCB header and burn it separately. However, for some customers who need to read out the flash image and compare with the original APP image to check the difference after burning, the commonly used blhost method will have the problem of inconsistent FCB area matching. If the customer needs to use the blhost burning method in serial download mode, how to ensure that the flash image after burning is consistent with the original burning file? This article will take the MIMXRT1060-EVK development board as an example, and give specific methods for the command mode and SPT tool mode. 2 Blhost programming reserve APP FCB     From the old RT1060 SDK FCB file (below SDK2.12.0), evkmimxrt1060_flexspi_nor_config.c, we can see:   const flexspi_nor_config_t qspiflash_config = { .memConfig = { .tag = FLEXSPI_CFG_BLK_TAG, .version = FLEXSPI_CFG_BLK_VERSION, .readSampleClksrc=kFlexSPIReadSampleClk_LoopbackFromDqsPad, .csHoldTime = 3u, .csSetupTime = 3u, .sflashPadType = kSerialFlash_4Pads, .serialClkFreq = kFlexSpiSerialClk_100MHz, .sflashA1Size = 8u * 1024u * 1024u, .lookupTable = { // Read LUTs FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0xEB, RADDR_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x18), FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(DUMMY_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x06, READ_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04), }, }, .pageSize = 256u, .sectorSize = 4u * 1024u, .blockSize = 64u * 1024u, .isUniformBlockSize = false, };   This FCB LUT just contains the basic read command, normally, to the app booting, the FCB just need to provide the read command to the ROM, then it can boot normally.     But what happens to the memory downloaded by blhost? Based on the MIMXRT1060-EVK development board, the following shows how to use the command line mode corresponding to blhost to burn the SDK led_blinky project app, and read out the corresponding flash burning code to analysis. 2.1 Normal blhost download command line    This command line also the same as MCUBootUtility download log, source code is attached rt1060 cmd.bat. elftosb.exe -f imx -V -c imx_application_gen.bd -o ivt_evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky_FCB.bin evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky.s19 sdphost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x1FC9,0x0135 -j -- write-file 0x20208200 ivt_flashloader.bin sdphost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x1FC9,0x0135 -j -- jump-address 0x20208200 blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- get-property 1 0 blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- get-property 24 0 blhost.exe -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- fill-memory 0x20202000 4 0xc0000007 word  //option 0 blhost.exe -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- fill-memory 0x20202004 4 0 word                 //option1 blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- configure-memory 9 0x20202000                    blhost -t 2048000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- flash-erase-region 0x60000000 0x8000 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- fill-memory 0x20203000 4 0XF000000F word  blhost -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- configure-memory 9 0x20203000                    blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- write-memory 0x60001000 ivt_evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky_FCB_nopadding.bin 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- read-memory 0x60000000 0x8000 flexspiNorCfg.dat 9 The normal blhost programming is to use the cmd line method, and provide an app which is without the FCB header(Even app with the FCB, will exclude the FCB header at first), then use the elftosb.exe generate the app with IVT, eg ivt_evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky_FCB_nopadding.bin, download the flashloader file ivt_flashloader to internal RAM, and jump to the flashloader, then use the fill-memory to fill option0, option1 to choose the proper external flash, and use the configure-memory to configure the flexSPI module, with the SFDP table which is got from get configure command, then fill the flexSPI LUT internal buffer. Next, fill-memory 0x20203000 4 0XF000000F associate with configure-memory will generate the full FCB header, burn it from flash address 0x60000000. At last, burn the app which contains IVT from flash address 0X60001000, until now, realize the whole app image programming. Pic 1 shows the comparison between the data read after programming and the original app data. It can be seen that the LUT of the FCB actually programmed on the left is not only contains read, but also contains read status, write enable, program and erase commands. The one on the right is the original app with FCB. The LUT of FCB only contains read commands for boot. So, if you want to keep the FCB header of the original APP instead of the header generated and burned by option0,1 configure-memory, how to do it? The method is that you can also use Option0, 1 to generate and fill in the LUT for flexSPI for communication use, but do not burn the corresponding generated FCB, just burn the FCB that comes with the original APP. pic1 2.2 Reuse option0 and option1 to program the original APP LUT The following command gives reuse option0 and option1, generates LUT and fills in flexSPI LUT for connection with external flash interface, but does not call:  fill-memory 0x20203000 4 0XF000000F and configure-memory 9 0x20203000, so that the generated FCB will not be burned to external memory.    Source file is attached rt1060 cmd_option01.bat. elftosb.exe -f imx -V -c imx_application_gen.bd -o ivt_evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky_FCB.bin evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky.s19 sdphost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x1FC9,0x0135 -j -- write-file 0x20208200 ivt_flashloader.bin sdphost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x1FC9,0x0135 -j -- jump-address 0x20208200 blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- get-property 1 0 blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- get-property 24 0 blhost.exe -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- fill-memory 0x20202000 4 0xc0000007 word blhost.exe -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- fill-memory 0x20202004 4 0 word blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- configure-memory 9 0x20202000 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- read-memory 0x60000000 1024 flexspiNorCfg.dat 9 blhost -t 2048000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- flash-erase-region 0x60000000 0x8000 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- read-memory 0x60000000 1024 flexspiNorCfg.dat 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- write-memory 0x60000000 evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky_FCB.bin 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- read-memory 0x60000000 0x8000 flexspiNorCfg.dat 9 Pic 2 is the comparison between the read data after programming and the original programming data. It can be seen that the FCB programmed at this time is exactly the same as the original code FCB. Pic 2 2.3 use 1bit FCB file to configure LUT    The used file cfg_fdcb_RTxxx_1bit_sdr_flashA.bin is copied from MCUBOOTUtility: \NXP-MCUBootUtility-3.4.0\src\targets\fdcb_model . The configuration of Option0 and Option1 is usually for chips that can support SFDP table, but some flash chips cannot support SFDP table. At this time, you need to fill in the flexSPI LUT for the full LUT manually. The so-called full LUT command is not only read commands, but also supports erasing, program, etc. In this way, the flexSPI interface can be successfully connected to the external FLASH, and the corresponding functions of reading, erasing, and writing can be realized. Therefore, the method in this chapter is to use a single-line command, which is also a command supported by general chips, to enable the corresponding function of flexSPI, so it can complete the subsequent APP code programming.   Pic 3     We can see: 03H is read, 05H is read status register, 06H is write enable, D8H is the block 64K erase, 02H is the page program, 60H is the chip erase. This is the 1bit SPI method full function LUT command, which can realize the chip read, write and erase function.     The command line is, source file is attached rt1060 cmd_fdcb_1bit_sdr_flashA.bat: elftosb.exe -f imx -V -c imx_application_gen.bd -o ivt_evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky_FCB.bin evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky.s19 sdphost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x1FC9,0x0135 -j -- write-file 0x20208200 ivt_flashloader.bin sdphost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x1FC9,0x0135 -j -- jump-address 0x20208200 blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- get-property 1 0 blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- get-property 24 0 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- write-memory 0x20202000 cfg_fdcb_RTxxx_1bit_sdr_flashA.bin blhost.exe -t 50000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- configure-memory 9 0x20202000 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- read-memory 0x60000000 1024 flexspiNorCfg.dat 9 blhost -t 2048000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- flash-erase-region 0x60000000 0x8000 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- read-memory 0x60000000 1024 flexspiNorCfg.dat 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- write-memory 0x60000000 evkmimxrt1060_iled_blinky_FCB.bin 9 blhost -t 5242000 -u 0x15A2,0x0073 -j -- read-memory 0x60000000 0x8000 flexspiNorCfg.dat 9 In the command line, where option0,1 was previously filled in, instead of filling in the data of option0,1, the 512-byte Bin file of the complete FCB LUT command is directly given, and then the configure-memory command is used to configure the flashloader’s FlexSPI LUT with the FCB file. so that it can support read and write erase commands, etc. The comparison between the flash data and the original APP data when burning and reading is in the Pic 4, we can see, the readout data from the flash is totally the same as the original APP FCB. Pic 4 3,SPT program reserve APP FCB The NXP officially released MCUXPresso Secure Provisional Tool can support the function of retaining the customer's FCB, but the SPT tool currently uses the APP FCB to fill in the flashloader FlexSPI FCB. Therefore, if the customer directly uses the old SDK demo which just contains the read command in the LUT to generate an APP with FCB, then use the SPT tool to burn the flash, and choose to keep the customer FCB in the tool, you will encounter the problem of erasing failure. In this case, analyze the reason, we can know the FCB on the customer APP side needs to fill in the full FCB LUT command, that is, including reading, writing, erasing, etc. The following shows how the old original SDK led_blinky generates an image with an FCB header and writes it in the SPT tool. As you can see in Pic 5, the tool has information that if you use APP FCB, you need to ensure that the FCB LUT contains the read, erase, program commands. Pic 6 shows the programming situation of APP FCB LUT only including read. It has failed when doing erase. The reason is that there is no erase, program and other commands in the FlexSPI LUT command, so it will fail when doing the corresponding erasing or programming.   Pic 5 Pic 6 Pic 7 If you look at the specific command, as shown in Pic 7, you can find that the SPT tool directly uses the FCB header extracted from the APP image to flash the LUT of the flashloader FlexSPI, so there will be no erase and write commands, and it will fail when erasing. The following is how to fill in the LUT in the FCB of the SDK, open evkmimxrt1060_flexspi_nor_config.c, and modify the FCB as follows: const flexspi_nor_config_t qspiflash_config = {     .memConfig =         {             .tag              = FLEXSPI_CFG_BLK_TAG,             .version          = FLEXSPI_CFG_BLK_VERSION,             .readSampleClksrc=kFlexSPIReadSampleClk_LoopbackFromDqsPad,             .csHoldTime       = 3u,             .csSetupTime      = 3u,             .sflashPadType    = kSerialFlash_4Pads,             .serialClkFreq    = kFlexSpiSerialClk_100MHz,             .sflashA1Size     = 8u * 1024u * 1024u,             .lookupTable =                 {                   // Read LUTs                   FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0xEB, RADDR_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x18),                   FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(DUMMY_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x06, READ_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04),                   // Read status                   [4*1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x05, READ_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04),                   //write Enable                   [4*3] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x06, STOP, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0),                   // Sector Erase byte LUTs                   [4*5] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x20, RADDR_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18),                   // Block Erase 64Kbyte LUTs                   [4*8] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0xD8, RADDR_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18),                    //Page Program - single mode                   [4*9] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x02, RADDR_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18),                   [4*9+1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(WRITE_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04, STOP, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x0),                   //Erase whole chip                   [4*11] =FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x60, STOP, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0),                                       },         },     .pageSize           = 256u,     .sectorSize         = 4u * 1024u,     .blockSize          = 64u * 1024u,     .isUniformBlockSize = false, }; Please note, after the internal SDK team modification, from SDK_2_12_0_EVK-MIMXRT1060, the evkmimxrt1060_flexspi_nor_config.c already add LUT cmd to the full FCB LUT function. Use the above FCB to generate the APP, then use the SPT tool to burn the app with customer FCB again, we can see, the programming is working now. Pic 8 In summary, if you need to reserve the customer FCB, you can use the above method, but if you use the SPT tool, you need to add read, write, and erase commands to the LUT of the code FCB to ensure that flexSPI successfully operates the external flash.
View full article
Issue: 802.11 IEEE station Power Save mode is not working as expected with the latest SDK 2.11.1, supporting NXP wireless solutions 88W8987/88W8977/IW416.   Solution: Modify the structure in file : middleware/wifi/wifidriver/incl/mlan_fw.h, Replace  “ENH_PS_MODES action” to “uint16_t action”.    Note: This fix will officially be part of SDK: 2.12.0
View full article
Abstract Today I'd like to discuss a scenario that I will encounter in practical application. In the design phase, the Serial Nor flash is usually used as a code storage device for RT series MCUs, such as QSPI, HyperFlash, etc, as these devices all support XIP features. The flash usually is not only occupied by the code but also used to store data, such as device parameters, and log information, and even used as a file system. So we need to evaluate Flash's size. Is there any constraint to the manipulation of data space in the secure boot mode? And how to keep the data confidential? We'll talk about it below and let's get started. Secure boot mode HAB boot The bootable image is plaintext, and it may be changed after the writing operation of the FlexSPI module. If the digest algorithm obtains the different values will lead to the verification process fails, as the writing operation destroys the integrity of the data, regarding confidentiality, data is stored in plaintext in Serial Nor flash under HAB boot.   Fig1 Signature and verification process Encrypted XIP boot mode After enabling the Encrypted XIP boot mode, what is the impact on FlexSPI's read and write data operations? The first point is that the read data will be treated as encrypted data and decrypted by the BEE or OTFAD module. However, if a write operation is performed, the BEE or OTFAD module will be bypassed, in another word, the data will be written directly to the Serial Nor flash. in a short, it is not affected by the Encrypted XIP boot mode. 1) Read operation As shown in Fig 2, the encrypted code and data stored in Serial Nor flash need to be decrypted before they are sent to the CPU for execution. This is also the implementation mechanism of the Encrypted XIP boot mode. To enable the encrypted XIP boot mode, it needs to burn the keys to eFuse, after that, eFuse is impossible to restore, so the test cost seems a bit high, so I recommend you refer to the source code of the 《How to Enable the On-the-fly Decryption》application note to dynamically configure the key of the BEE module and read the encrypted array by DCP from Flash, then compare to plaintext array to verify BEE module participle the decryption flow. Fig 2 2) Write operation Modify the source code of the above application note, define s_nor_program_buffer [256], then set the values through the following code, and burn them to the 20th sector, the offset address is 0x14000. for (i = 0; i < 0xFFU; i++) { s_nor_program_buffer[i] = i; } status = flexspi_nor_flash_page_program(EXAMPLE_FLEXSPI, EXAMPLE_SECTOR * SECTOR_SIZE, (void *)s_nor_program_buffer); if (status != kStatus_Success) { PRINTF("Page program failure !\r\n"); return -1; } DCACHE_InvalidateByRange(EXAMPLE_FLEXSPI_AMBA_BASE + EXAMPLE_SECTOR * SECTOR_SIZE, FLASH_PAGE_SIZE); memcpy(s_nor_read_buffer, (void *)(EXAMPLE_FLEXSPI_AMBA_BASE + EXAMPLE_SECTOR * SECTOR_SIZE), sizeof(s_nor_read_buffer)); for(uint32_t i = 0; i < 256; i++) { PRINTF("The %d data in the second region is 0x%x\r\n", i, s_nor_read_buffer[i]); } After the programming finishes, connect to Jlink and use J-flash to check whether the burned array is correct. The results prove that the write operation will bypass the BEE or OTFAD module and write the data directly to the Serial Nor flash, which is consistent with Fig 2. Fig3 Sensitive data preservation As mentioned at the beginning, in the real project, we may need to use Flash to store data, such as device parameters, log information, or even as a file system, and the saved data is usually a bit sensitive and should prevent being easily obtained by others. For example, in SLN-VIZNAS-IoT, there is a dedicated area for storing facial feature data. Fig 4 Although the purely facial feature data is only meaningful for specific recognition algorithms, in another word, even if a third-party application obtains the original data, it is useless for hackers. In the development of real face recognization projects, it is usually to declare other data items associated with facial feature data, such as name, age, preferences, etc, as shown below: typedef union { struct { /*put char/unsigned char together to avoid padding*/ unsigned char magic; char name[FEATUREDATA_NAME_MAX_LEN]; int index; // this id identify a feature uniquely,we should use it as a handler for feature add/del/update/rename uint16_t id; uint16_t pad; // Add a new component uint16_t coffee_taste; /*put feature in the last so, we can take it as dynamic, size limitation: * (FEATUREDATA_FLASH_PAGE_SIZE * 2 - 1 - FEATUREDATA_NAME_MAX_LEN - 4 - 4 -2)/4*/ float feature[0]; }; unsigned char raw[FEATUREDATA_FLASH_PAGE_SIZE * 2]; } FeatureItem; // 1kB After enabling the Encrypted XIP boot mode, the above write operation test has proved that FlexSPI's write operation will program the data into Serial Nor flash directly, but during the reading process, the data will be decrypted by BEE or OTFAD, so we'd better use DCP or other modules to encrypt the data prior to writing, otherwise, the read operation will get the values that the plaintext goes through the decryption calculation. The risk of leakage Assume XIP encrypted boot is enabled, and whether it's okay to send the encrypted bootable image sent to the OEM for mass production. Moreover, is it able to allow the customers to access the encrypted bootable image without worrying about application image leakage? In order to verify the above guesses, I do the following testing on MIMXRT1060-EVK. Select the XIP encrypted mode in the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool to generate and burn the bootable image of the Blink LED; Fig5 Observe the burned image through NXP-MCUBootUtility, you can find that the ciphertext image is very messy when compared to the plaintext image on the right border, so it seems like the NXP-MCUBootUtility can't obtain the plaintext image; Fig 6 Let's observe the ciphertext image in another way, read them through the pyocd command, as shown below; Fig 7 Open then 9_21_readback.Bin and compare it with the plain text image on the right border, they are the same actually, in other words, the plaintext image was leaked. Fig 8 Explanation As the above Fig 2 shows, the encrypted code and data stored in Serial Nor flash need to be decrypted before they are sent to the CPU for execution. When Jlink connects to the target MCU, it will load the corresponding flash driver algorithm to run in the FlexRAM. If the flash driver algorithm detects the boot type of the MCU just like the following code, then configures the BEE or OTFAD module according to the detecting result, after that, when reading the ciphertext in the Nor Flash, the data will be automatically decrypted. status = SLN_AUTH_check_context(SLN_CRYPTO_CTX_1); configPRINTF(("Context check status %d\r\n", status)); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before a crash if (SLN_AUTH_NO_CONTEXT == status) { configPRINTF(("Ensuring context...\r\n")); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before a crash // Load crypto contexts and make sure they are valid (our own context should be good to get to this point!) status = bl_nor_encrypt_ensure_context(); if (kStatus_Fail == status) { configPRINTF(("Failed to load crypto context...\r\n")); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before a crash // Double check if encrypted XIP is enabled if (!bl_nor_encrypt_is_enabled()) { configPRINTF(("Not running in encrypted XIP mode, ignore error.\r\n")); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before a // crash // No encrypted XIP enabled, we can ignore the bad status status = kStatus_Success; } } else if (kStatus_ReadOnly == status) // Using this status from standard status to indicate that we need to split PRDB { volatile uint32_t delay = 1000000; // Set up context as needed for this application status = bl_nor_encrypt_split_prdb(); configPRINTF(("Restarting BOOTLOADER...\r\n")); while (delay--) ; // Restart DbgConsole_Deinit(); NVIC_DisableIRQ(LPUART6_IRQn); NVIC_SystemReset(); } } else if (SLN_AUTH_OK == status) { configPRINTF(("Ensuring context...\r\n")); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before a crash // We will check to see if we need to update the backup to the reduced scope PRDB0 for bootloader space status = bl_nor_encrypt_ensure_context(); if (kStatus_Fail == status) { configPRINTF(("Failed to load crypto context...\r\n")); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before a crash // Double check if encrypted XIP is enabled if (!bl_nor_encrypt_is_enabled()) { configPRINTF(("Not running in encrypted XIP mode, ignore error.\r\n")); // No encrypted XIP enabled, we can ignore the bad status status = kStatus_Success; } } else if (kStatus_Success == status) // We have good PRDBs so we can update the backup { bool isMatch = false; bool isOriginal = false; configPRINTF(("Checking backup context...\r\n")); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before a crash // Check if we have identical KIBs and initial CTR status = bl_nor_crypto_ctx_compare_backup(&isMatch, &isOriginal, SLN_CRYPTO_CTX_0); if (kStatus_Success == status) { if (isMatch && isOriginal) { configPRINTF(("Updating backup context with valid address space...\r\n")); // DEBUG_LOG_DELAY_MS(1000); // Optional delay, enable for debugging to ensure log is printed before // a crash // Update backup PRDB0 status = SLN_AUTH_backup_context(SLN_CRYPTO_CTX_0); } } } } How to handle Now we already understand the cause of the leak, we must prohibit external tools from loading flashloader or flash driver algorithms into the FlexRAM to run, so in addition to disabling the Debug port, we also need to disable the Serial download method to prevent the hackers take advantage of the Serial Downloader method to make the ROM code load a special flashloader to run in RAM, then configure the BEE or OTFAD module prior to reading the image. However, compared to simply prohibiting the debug port, I'd highly recommend you select the Secure Debug method, because the debug feature requirement is important to return/filed testing, Secure Debug just is like adding a sturdy lock to the debug port, and only the authorized one can open this lock to enter the debugging mode successfully. Reference AN12852:How to Enable the On-the-fly Decryption 《The trust chain of HAB boot》
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/Design-an-IoT-edge-node-for-CV-application-base-on-the-i/ta-p/1127423 
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Community-Articles/Effortless-GUI-Development-with-NXP-Microcontrollers/ba-p/1131179  
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1050-HAB-Encrypted-Image-Generation-and-Analysis/ta-p/1124877  
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/community/imx/blog/2019/04/17/do-you-have-a-minute 
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件 原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342297
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-345190  
View full article
RT106X secure JTAG test and IDE debug 1 Introduction     Regarding the usage of RT10XX Secure JTAG, the nxp.com has already released a very good application note AN12419 Secure JTAG for i.MXRT10xx: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12419.pdf This application note talks about the principle of Secure JTAG, how to modify the fuse to implement the Secure JTAG function, and the content of the related JLINKscript file, and then gives the use of JLINK commander to realize the identification of the ARM core. Usually, if the ARM core can be identified, it indicates that Secure JTAG connection has been passed. But in practical usage, I found many customers encounter the different issues, for example, the Secure JTAG could not find the ARM core directly, or the core identify is not stable, and some customers asked how to use common IDEs, such as MCUXPresso, IAR , MDK to add this Secure JTAG function to realize  Secure JTAG debugging.   For the test of secure JTAG, it also needs the cost, because the fuse needs to be modified. If the position of the fuse is accidentally modified, it may cause irreversible problems. Due to the different situations of customers, I also done more tests, borrowing boards with chip socket which can replace the different RT chip, I have tested RT1050, RT1060, RT1064, but in practical usage, there are still some customers mentioned that it will be reproduced on the EVK, so I also tested the secure JTAG function on the RT1060 and RT1064 EVK     This article will share all the previous relevant experience, so that latecomers can have a reference when encountering similar problems, and avoid unnecessary minefields. This document used the platform: MIMXRT1064-EVK revA: RT1060-EVK, RT1050-EVKB is similar SDK_2_13_0_EVK-MIMXRT1064 MCUXpresso IDE v11.7.1_9221 MDK V5.36: higher reversion is the same IAR 9.30.1: higher reversion is the same Segger JLINK plus JLINK driver version:V788D NXP-MCUBootUtility-5.1.0 2 RT1064 secure JTAG modification Under normal circumstances, it is not recommended for customers to burn all the related fuses directly and then test it directly. I usually proceeds step by step, hardware layout, to ensure that it can support JTAG, and then save the original read of the fuse, burn JTAG, test JTAG, and finally Burn and test other fuses for secure JTAG.    2.1 MIMXRT1064-EVK Hardware modification For RT10XX EVK, the board default situation is the same as the chip situation, which supports SWD. The JTAG pin is connected to other hardware modules from the hardware, so it will affect JTAG function. When it is determined to use JTAG function, the circuit needs to be modified, just like MIMXRT105060HDUG has said:    (1). Burn fuse DAP_SJC_SWD_SEL from ‘0’ to ‘1’ to choose JTAG. (2). DNP R323,R309,R152 to isolate JTAG multiplexed signals. (3). Keep off J47 to J50 to isolate board level debugger.     So, to the MIMXRT1064-EVK board, just need to remove R323, R309, R152, disconnect J47,J48,J49,J50, which is used to disconnect the on board debugger, then use the external Segger JLINK JTAG interface to connect the MIMXRT1064-EVK on board J21. 2.2 Original fuse map read First, the MIMXRT1064-EVK board enters the serial download mode, SW7: 1-OFF, 2-OFF, 3-OFF, 4-ON. Use MCUBootUtility tool to connect EVK, and read the initial fuse map, the situation is as follows:     Fig 1 2.3 JTAG Modification and test    Modify fuse to realize SWD to JTAG: 0X460[19] DAP_SJC_SWD_SEL=1   Fig 2     Use the JLINK commander, JTAG method to connect the board, to find the ARM CM7 core: Fig 3     If the ARM CM7 core can’t be identified, it means the hardware still have issues, or the fuse modified bit is not correct, just do the double check, make sure the ARM core can be found, then go to the next steps. 2.4 Secure JTAG Modification     Modify fuse bit to realize Secure JTAG:     0X460[23:22]:JTAG_SMODE =1     0X460[26]: KTE_FUSE=1     0X610,0X600 burn key: 0xedcba987654321, user also can burn with other custom keys, but need to record it, as the JLINKScript needs to use it.   Fig 4 In the above picture, the secure JTAG fuse and key fuse is finished, at last, to burn fuse 0X400[6]: SJC_RESP_LOCK=1, which is used to close the write and read to secret response key: Fig 5 Here, we can see, the 0X600,0X610 key area is shadow. Now, record the UUID0, UUID1, it will use the script to read out to check the UUID correction or not. 2.5 Secure JTAG JLINK commander test Because during the secure JTAG connection process, the JTAG_MOD pin needs to be pulled low and high, so a wire needs to be connected to pull JTAG_MOD low and high. MIMXRT1064-EVK can use J25_4, which is 3.3V, and JTAG_MOD signal point can use TP11 test point. By default, JTAG_MOD is pulled low. When it needs to be pulled high, it can be connected to J25_4.         During the test, it will need to use the JLINKScript, the content is as follows, also can check  the attached NXP_RT1064_SecureJTAG.JlinkScript file: int InitTarget(void) { int r; int v; int Key0; int Key1; JLINK_SYS_Report("***********************************************"); JLINK_SYS_Report("J-Link script: InitTarget() *"); JLINK_SYS_Report("NXP iMXRT, Enable Secure JTAG *"); JLINK_SYS_Report("***********************************************"); JLINK_SYS_MessageBox("Set pin JTAG_MOD => 1 and press any key to continue..."); // Secure response stored @ 0x600, 0x610 in eFUSE region (OTP memory) Key0 = 0x87654321; Key1 = 0xedcba9; JLINK_CORESIGHT_Configure("IRPre=0;DRPre=0;IRPost=0;DRPost=0;IRLenDevice=5"); CPU = CORTEX_M7; JLINK_SYS_Sleep(100); JLINK_JTAG_WriteIR(0xC); // Output Challenge instruction // Readback Challenge, Shift 64 dummy bits on TDI, TODO: receive Challenge bits on TDO JLINK_JTAG_StartDR(); JLINK_SYS_Report("Reading Challenge ID...."); JLINK_JTAG_WriteDRCont(0xffffffff, 32); // 32-bit dummy write on TDI / read 32 bits on TDO v = JLINK_JTAG_GetU32(0); JLINK_SYS_Report1("Challenge UUID0:", v); JLINK_JTAG_WriteDREnd(0xffffffff, 32); v = JLINK_JTAG_GetU32(0); JLINK_SYS_Report1("Challenge UUID1:", v); JLINK_JTAG_WriteIR(0xD); // Output Response instruction JLINK_JTAG_StartDR(); JLINK_JTAG_WriteDRCont(Key0, 32); JLINK_JTAG_WriteDREnd(Key1, 24); JLINK_SYS_MessageBox("Change pin JTAG_MOD => 0, press any key to continue..."); return 0; }   SecJtag.bat file content is: jlink.exe -JLinkScriptFile NXP_RT1064_SecureJTAG.JlinkScript -device MIMXRT1064XXX6A -if JTAG -speed 4000 -autoconnect 1 -JTAGConf -1,-1 This command is mainly used the JLINK commander and JLINKScript to realize the Secure JTAG connection. When test it, put the SecJtag.bat, JLink.exe, and NXP_RT1064_SecureJTAG.JlinkScript 3 files in the same folder. For testing, can change the board mode to the internal boot mode, SW7:1-OFF,2-OFF, 3-ON, 4-OFF. Run SecJtag.bat, the test situation is: It indicates to connect JTAG_MOD to higher level   Fig 6 Here, use the wire to connect the J25_4 and TP11, which is connect the JTAG_MOD=1, then click OK, go to the next step:   Fig 7 It can be seen here that the correct UUID has been recognized, which is consistent with the UUID read by MCUBootutility above. Many customers cannot read the correct UUID here, indicating that there is a problem with hardware modification, or fuse modification, or another. Or in the case, the JTAG pin in the app is not enabled, which will be described in detail later. Here disconnect the connection between TP11 and J25_4, the default is JTAG_MOD=0, click OK to continue Fig 8 Here, we can see, the ARM CM7 core is found, it means this hardware platform already realize the Secure JTAG connection. Now, can use the IDEs to do the debugging. 3. Secure JTAG debug function in 3 IDEs This chapter aims at how to use secure JTAG function in RT10XX three commonly used IDEs: MCUXpresso, IAR, MDK,  to implement secure JTAG code debug operation.    3.1 Software code prepare This article selects the SDK hello_world project as the test demo: SDK_2_13_0_EVK-MIMXRT1064\boards\evkmimxrt1064\demo_apps\hello_world     Two points should be noted here:  Do not use led_blinky directly, because the led control pin GPIO_AD_B0_09 used by the code is JTAG_TDI, which will cause the Secure JTAG connection to fail after downloading this code, because the pin function of JTAG has been changed. Add the pin configuration for JTAG in app code pinmux.c, otherwise there will be a phenomenon due to the lack of JTAG pin configuration, to the empty RT1064, which the chip that has not burned the code can use Secure JTAG connection, but once the code is burned, the connection will be failed. Add the following code to Pinmux.c: IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_11_JTAG_TRSTB, 0U); IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_06_JTAG_TMS, 0U); IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_07_JTAG_TCK, 0U); IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_09_JTAG_TDI, 0U); IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_10_JTAG_TDO, 0U); 3.2 MCUXpresso Secure JTAG debug    Use MCUXpresso IDE to import the SDK hello world demo, modify the pinmux.c, which add the JTAG pin function configuration.    Configure MCUXPresso ID’s debugger JLinkGDBServerCL.exe version as your used JLINK driver version, Window->preferences Fig 9 Run->Debug configurations, configure to JTAG, choose device as MIMXRT1064xxx6A, add the JLINKscriptfile   Fig10   Fig 11 Connect JTAG_MOD=1, which is connect TP11 to J25_4, connect OK.   Fig 12 We can see, it already gets the correct UUID, it also requires connect JTAG_MOD=0, here just leave the TP11 floating, then connect OK:   Fig 13 It can be seen that at this time, it has successfully entered the debug mode and can do debugging. For details, you can check the MCUXpresso11_7_1_MIMXRT1064_SJTAG.mp4 file in the attachment. The test experience here is that MCUXpresso V11.7.1 is found to be a bit unstable and needs to be tried a few more times, but the download of the higher version V11.8.0 version is very stable. If you can get a version higher than V11.7.1, it is recommended to use a higher version of MCUXpresso IDE . 3.3 IAR Secure JTAG debug Some customers need to use the IAR IDE to debug Secure JTAG function, you can use the hello world in the SDK demo, modify pinmux.c to add the JTAG pin configuration code.     The difference is:   (1) Run JLINK driver:JLinkDLLUpdater.exe   Fig 14 Just to refresh the JLINK driver to the IAR,MDK IDE. (2) Modify the file name of JLINKscript to be consistent with the name of the demo, and put it under the settings folder of the project folder. For example, the routine here is hello_world_flexspi_nor_debug, and the file name of JlinkScript is required: hello_world_flexspi_nor_debug.JlinkScript, so that IAR will automatically call the corresponding JlinkScript file   Fig15 (3) Configure IAR debugger as JLINK JTAG   Fig 16                                          Fig 17 Click debug button to enter debug mode:   Fig 18 It needs to set JTAG_MOD=1, just to connect TP11 to J25_4.   Fig 19 It needs to set JTAG_MOD=0, just leave the TP11 floating, click OK to continue.   Fig 20 We can see, the IAR already can do the secure JTAG debugging. 3.4 MDK Secure JTAG debug   For the MDK secure JTAG configuration, the basic requirement is:     (1) Modify pinmux.c code to enable the JTAG pin function     (2) Run JLINK driver, JLinkDLLUpdater.exe,refresh the driver to MDK     (3) JlinkScript file name changed to JLinkSettings.JlinkScript, copy it to the folder in the mdk project, then the MDK will call the JLINKscript file automatically   Fig 21       (4) Modify debugger to JLINK, then modify the interface to JTAG   Fig 22   Fig 23 So far, the Secure JTAG related configuration of MDK has been completed. From theory, it can be directly debugged to run. But I found some problems after many tests. For the code of RAM (hello_world debug), it is no problem to be able to perform secure JTAG debug, but for the code of flash (hello_world_flexspi_nor_debug), there is no problem through secure jtag download, but the debug will run the program abnormal, check the memory data in the flash, also get the wrong data     Fig 24 We can see, UUID also correct, normally, this issue is related to the flashloader during downloading, however, the flashloader of JLINK has not been directly accessed, so I tried to use RT-UFL as the flashloader, and the debugger was successful. If customers encounter similar problems when want to use the MDK to do the secure JTAG debugging, they can use RT-UFL as the flashloader. The reference document is: https://www.cnblogs.com/henjay724/p/13951686.html https://www.cnblogs.com/henjay724/p/15465655.html To summarize it here, copy the iMXRT_UFL file to the JLINK driver folder: C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLINK\Devices\NXP Copy JLinkDevices.xml to folder: C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLINK The Jlinkscript file add is the same as the Figure 21. Modify the JlinkSettings.ini file, device is MIMXRT1064_UFL, override =1.   Fig 25 Delete the program algorithm, will use the RT-UFL algorithm   Fig 26 Uncheck update target before Debugging   Fig 27 Enter debug mode:   Fig 28 Configure JTAG_MOD=1, connect TP11 to J25_4, click OK to continue:   Fig 29 Leave the TP11 as floating, click OK to enter the debug mode, the result is:   Fig 30 We can see, after changing the flashloader to the RT-UFL, MDK project Secure JTAG debug also works OK, the attachment also share the RT-UFL related files.  4. Summary For Secure JTAG, you need to modify the hardware to support JTAG function, modify the fuse to support secure JTAG, and modify the code pins to enable the JTAG function. For the IDE debug, you need to configure the relevant interface as JTAG and add the correct JlinkScriptfile, so that the secure JTAG function can be successfully run , and perform IDE code debugging. Attachments: evkmimxrt1064_hello_world_SJTAG.zip:MCUXpresso project EVK-MIMXRT1064-hello_world_iar.7z:IAR project EVK-MIMXRT1064-hello_world_mdk.7z:MDK project File\ NXP_RT1064_SecureJTAG.JlinkScript, JLINK script File\ SecJtag.bat, associate with JLink.exe and NXP_RT1064_SecureJTAG.JlinkScript to realize JLINK Commander connection, which will find the ARM core. File\ RT-UFL: RT ultra flashloader algorithm, source:https://github.com/JayHeng/RT-UFL   Here, really thanks so much for our expert @juying_zhong 's help with the Secure JTAG patient guide during my testing road!
View full article