Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mbedTLS support v3.6

Jump to solution
Girrou
Contributor II

Hi NXP team, 

I would like to know if there is a plan in the short term to give support to the version mbedTLS v3.5
In my organization, we are aware of and worried about some vulnerabilities in the current v2.28.5

Thanks for your time, and kind regards,
Roberto Rodriguez

1 Solution
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Girrou ,

Regarding previous devices, including the RT105X, there are no detailed plans for when mbedTLS V3.x will be supported. Moving forward with this update may depend on market demand.

But in any case, I'll send the real voice of our customers back to the corresponding team. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Best regards,
Gavin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Clemente_yaz
Contributor I

Hello @Gavin_Jia 

I have a doubt, that means that mbedtls v2.28.8 is supported for this microcontroller ?

Regards 

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Girrou ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP MIMXRT series!

Could you help to provide the part number of device you are using? From what I've heard internally, the RT series all support mbedTLS v3.x starting with the RT1180, but there are no definite plans for the previous products yet. Need to move forward with this depending on if there is enough demand.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos
Girrou
Contributor II

Thanks for your answer. 
The device I'm using is MIMXRT1051xxxxB. Is this an old device? Do you plan to give support to this?

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Girrou ,

Regarding previous devices, including the RT105X, there are no detailed plans for when mbedTLS V3.x will be supported. Moving forward with this update may depend on market demand.

But in any case, I'll send the real voice of our customers back to the corresponding team. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos
Girrou
Contributor II

Thank you so much for your support.

0 Kudos