cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1176 SEMC SDRAM data rate

Abisheikv2
Contributor III

Hello,

We are using iMXRT1176 in our product and we have planned to use external SDRAM to execute the firmware of M7 and M4 cores also SDRAM will be used by CSI, PXP and USB. 1280x720P at 30 fps will be got from CSI, converted with PXP and pushed to USB. So I'd like to know if there is any limitation in the bandwidth of SDRAM. Do you have any data regarding that? 

Regards,

Abisheik S. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) So I'd like to know if there is any limitation in the bandwidth of SDRAM. Do you have any data regarding that?
-- To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the Chapter 29 Smart External Memory Controller (SEMC) in the RM.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Abisheikv2
Contributor III

Hello Jeremy,

I've checked the RM but there is no data regarding read and write speeds or bandwidth. My query here is we have two cores and three peripherals accessing SDRAM via SEMC, What is the MAX data rate / bandwidth of SDRAM? It'll be helpful for us to design the Firmware accordingly.

Regards, 

Abisheik S.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
In the theory, the max SDRAM bandwidth of RT1170 is 200x2 = 400 MB/s, however, it's impossible to make it in real design, it's not only affected by the hardware circuit design but so affected by the software side, such as cache feature, software architecture, etc.
Moreover, the SDRAM itself may affect the bandwidth too.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos