Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rt1021 timer DMA mode PWM output problem feedback

Jump to solution
StarMao159376
Contributor II

MCU: RT1021CAG4A;  Timer:  QTMR2; PWM: 50KHz

During the test, the duty cycle of 10% to 90% is sent. When setting the value of updateddutycycle to change the PWM output duty cycle, it is found that the PWM waveform transmitted one value at a time is normal, that is, the positive duty cycle increases and the negative duty cycle decreases. However, when transmitting an array containing 9 duty cycle values, the positive duty cycle changes normally while the negative duty cycle remains unchanged

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @StarMao159376 

I am very sorry for the delayed response   , I have not been able to reproduce the behavior that you are showing ,  using latest SDK v 2.11 and my RT1020 Rev A0. In  my side,  duty cycle remains unchanged. I also prepared an array with respective duty  cycles and increased the transfer size to 18 bytes. 

However in your code I noted that you are using the same DMA channel for updating the low and high duty cycles and also , that one transfer is made after the other.

diego_charles_0-1646974567252.png

I can see that you are able to  increase the high duty cycle, so I recommend you using 2 DMA channels per each compare loader register (CMPLD1 and CMPLD2) and trigger DMA transfers for both at the same time , see RT1050_DMA_example.c attached. This one was made by one of my colleagues in this thread for the RT1050

diego_charles_1-1646974662593.png

If you are still facing issues , I want  to get to the bottom of this, could you share me your complete main.c file for review, and specify me your SDK version?

Best regards, 

Diego.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
StarMao159376
Contributor II

2.png3.png34.jpg45.png567.jpg

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @StarMao159376 

I am very sorry for the delayed response   , I have not been able to reproduce the behavior that you are showing ,  using latest SDK v 2.11 and my RT1020 Rev A0. In  my side,  duty cycle remains unchanged. I also prepared an array with respective duty  cycles and increased the transfer size to 18 bytes. 

However in your code I noted that you are using the same DMA channel for updating the low and high duty cycles and also , that one transfer is made after the other.

diego_charles_0-1646974567252.png

I can see that you are able to  increase the high duty cycle, so I recommend you using 2 DMA channels per each compare loader register (CMPLD1 and CMPLD2) and trigger DMA transfers for both at the same time , see RT1050_DMA_example.c attached. This one was made by one of my colleagues in this thread for the RT1050

diego_charles_1-1646974662593.png

If you are still facing issues , I want  to get to the bottom of this, could you share me your complete main.c file for review, and specify me your SDK version?

Best regards, 

Diego.

StarMao159376
Contributor II

Thanks,  Solved my problem

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @StarMao159376 

Thanks for the detailed reply!  I will try to replicate on my side and get back to you as soon as I can. 

Diego.

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @StarMao159376 

I want to replicate the behavior you are  reporting. It seems that the PWM frequency increases , correct? As negative duty cycle does not decrease while positive duty cycle does.

Could you share with me  your project?  or  a representative  code snippet that you used ? This to check your settings.

Also, are you using the qtmr_inputcapture_outputpwm_dma SDK example as a reference? 

Many thanks for your patience,

Diego.

0 Kudos