Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel CSI camera on i.MX RT1170

Jump to solution
JohnnyK
Contributor I

Hi

We are using a Onsemi parallel camera (BW raw image) on RT1170 MCU, and have some questions concerning the CSI clocks.
According to the reference manual the CSI module has a maximal clock of 66MHz.It also states that csi_hclk must be 10% faster than the pixel clock.I assumed that csi_hclk in MCUExpresso was CSI_CLK_ROOT, which has a maximum speed of 66MHz.

We have set this clock to 66MHz, and the connected camera to a pixel clock of 59.4MHz, and it works fine.

But the maximum frame rate of this system is rather low (320x240 94FPS), so we would like to ask some questions:

1. Are csi_hckl and CSI_CLK_ROOT the same?
  2. Are the max pixel clock 59.4MHz?
  3. In section 45.3.4 more clocks are listed (hclk, ipg_clk, ipg_clk_s and ipg_clk_s_raw) should we setup these as well, and if so to what?
  4. Does any of the other MCU has the possibility of a higher pixel clock?
  5. If we connected a MIPI camera, would the max speed of the CSI module (and thereby the frame rate) be the same?

Br
   Johnny

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JohnnyK ,

1. No, csi_hclk is from BUS_ROOT_CLOCK, which is 240M. Please refer to table 15-2 at page 1453.

2. The maximum pixel clock is 80M which comes from camera. Please see table 69 in datasheet.

3. No, they needn't.

4. No

5. Yes, MIPI CSI finally connect to CSI.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JohnnyK ,

1. No, csi_hclk is from BUS_ROOT_CLOCK, which is 240M. Please refer to table 15-2 at page 1453.

2. The maximum pixel clock is 80M which comes from camera. Please see table 69 in datasheet.

3. No, they needn't.

4. No

5. Yes, MIPI CSI finally connect to CSI.

Regards,

Jing