Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool file format for Source executable image

Jump to solution
ping1
Contributor V

Hi, All

Try to build image from Source executable image like below, but it is in red, and say incorrect address or incorrect image file. I am using EVK_RT1024, source image is generated by combining second bootloader .bin file with application .bin file. The original .bin files are generated by by MCUXpresso IDE.

The combined .bin file is bootable, and executable as it can be directly programmed into the board and running using IDE GUI. But Not sure why it cannot be parsed to generate bootable image. Also not sure what starting address need to be. 

Also if I unpad the first 0x1000 byte from the .bin file, it can be used for Write Image with the security Tool in serial mode.

ping1_0-1615566489601.png

Help please!

Ping

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ping1
Contributor V

Just reply to myself - the Tool is relatively new, doesn't support DCD header. Hope it can be updated soon as it appears to be a nice and simple tool to generate bootable image with secure information, I am intended to use it as secure tool for near future. 

Ping

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ping1
Contributor V

Just reply to myself - the Tool is relatively new, doesn't support DCD header. Hope it can be updated soon as it appears to be a nice and simple tool to generate bootable image with secure information, I am intended to use it as secure tool for near future. 

Ping

0 Kudos