cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU-link vs UMultilink

Jump to solution
LuigiV
Contributor III

Anyone may help me to understand what I can do and what I can't do using the MCU-link and the UMultilink ?

Thank you.

Luigi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @LuigiV ,

Both support JTAG connection. However, the pin out of Umultilink is depending on the model. You can consult these in the next page.

In the other hand, MCU link is always going to have 10 pin connection of JTAG independent of the Model.

Also, if you experience any issue, do not hesitate to let me know.

BR,
Habib.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @LuigiV ,

As such, we don't have a comparison between these two, however, they can both help you in the same process, where in turn, they are both excellent debuggers.

The differences that can be observed are as follows:

-MCUlink environment at cost is cheaper than Universal Multilink. The most basic version of MCUlink currently cost 10 US dollars (MCU Link JTAG/SWD Debug Probe | NXP Semiconductors), although there is also a Pro version that has a higher cost but has other features listed here (MCU-Link Pro Debug Probe | NXP Semiconductors). On the other hand, the Umultilink has a much higher price (Universal Multilink Development Interface | NXP Semiconductors).

However, if your goal is debug in production Process, Umultilink can helps you better. This because MCU link was made for use during development rather than production.

Finally, MCUlink has support of NXP, unlike the Umultilink, whose support is directly with Pemicro.

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos
LuigiV
Contributor III

Thank you Habib,

just another question: both the devices use the same JTAG connection ?

Luigi

0 Kudos
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @LuigiV ,

Both support JTAG connection. However, the pin out of Umultilink is depending on the model. You can consult these in the next page.

In the other hand, MCU link is always going to have 10 pin connection of JTAG independent of the Model.

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos