Issue occur in ota firmware upgradation using mimxrt1060

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue occur in ota firmware upgradation using mimxrt1060

Dishank
Contributor I

Hello, I am encountering an issue with firmware upgrades. Specifically, I am using the 'ota_mcuboot_server_enet' example for OTA and the 'mcuboot_opensource' example for the bootloader. Additionally, I am utilizing the remapping functionality in OTA. Everything runs perfectly until the second firmware upgrade. However, when attempting to upload the third firmware, it successfully uploads to the other partition, as observed in the inactive partition. Despite this, upon rebooting, it fails to run the latest third firmware. Can you assist in debugging this issue? Another concern is that I want to remove the firmware acceptance logic. Once the firmware is successfully uploaded, the updated firmware image should always be stored permanently in the slot and should run upon pressing the reset button.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Dishank,

Have you looked into the following knowledge base article on OTA bootloader for the RT1060? RT1060 OTA bootloader ISP and swap rollback usage - NXP Community. It goes into detail about the usage of the bootloader and how to deploy, use and debug this feature on the RT1060, as well as providing the resources used for testing.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

Dishank
Contributor I

Hello @EdwinHz ,

Thank you for your response.

I have default example of SDK version 2.14.0. 

1. mcuboot_opensource as bootloader project
  2. ota_mcuboot_server_enet as application project 

It's concerning that this issue persists even with default examples. Debugging why it occurs on the third attempt can be challenging, especially when utilizing the default remapping mode instead of the swap mode.

One observation is that after the state becomes permanent on the webpage, the issue persists. 

To resolve this issue, it's essential to focus on ensuring that each time new firmware with a higher version is uploaded, it runs upon the next reboot. Conversely, if the version is not higher, the existing firmware should continue to run.

Could you please share further details regarding the debugging steps you've already undertaken? Alternatively, would you be able to assist me in resolving this issue?

0 Kudos