表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

IMXRT1064 External SRAM - Differences in CLK Usage for SYNC and ASYNC Modes

ソリューションへジャンプ
773件の閲覧回数
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear Authorized,

I am a bit confused with your SRAM CLK Operations. Is there a verbal definitions related to SYNC Mode and ASYNC Mode for SRAM Operations (Read/Write).

As I know in normal literature; ASYNC mode is clock signal independent operations and SYNC is vice versa of it. However, SRAM operations in both SYNC and ASYNC uses a clock as we see in the reference manual below. Therefore I am not able to decide which one to be used. Could you please help me ? If is there specific document related to SRAM Operations. I will be glad for sharing it with me.

Why ASYNC Write/Read operations uses semc_clk ?

Why SYNC Write/Read operations uses CLK ?

Why Register Access uses ipg_clk ?

Thanks and Regards.

SRAM_SYNC_ASYNC.png

0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
762件の閲覧回数
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lukas,

TS: There is a Note below Figure 25-59. ASYNC SRAM Read in ADMUX Address Mode with below info:
semc_clk and rxclkn are the internal signals. semc_clk is the SEMC functional clock. rxclkn is the clock to sample data from SRAM.
semc_clk signal does not connect with external SRAM device, only using within RT1064 SEMC module.
The ASYNC figure provided semc_clk signal to clearly show how many clock cycle for each operation.

TS: CLK signal is the real clock line connects with external SRAM device.

TS: I think it was a document issue, should be semc_clk. From Table 14-4, there shows SEMC only has one module clock: semc_clk.

Hui_Ma_0-1680586131335.png

best regards,

Mike

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2 返答(返信)
763件の閲覧回数
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lukas,

TS: There is a Note below Figure 25-59. ASYNC SRAM Read in ADMUX Address Mode with below info:
semc_clk and rxclkn are the internal signals. semc_clk is the SEMC functional clock. rxclkn is the clock to sample data from SRAM.
semc_clk signal does not connect with external SRAM device, only using within RT1064 SEMC module.
The ASYNC figure provided semc_clk signal to clearly show how many clock cycle for each operation.

TS: CLK signal is the real clock line connects with external SRAM device.

TS: I think it was a document issue, should be semc_clk. From Table 14-4, there shows SEMC only has one module clock: semc_clk.

Hui_Ma_0-1680586131335.png

best regards,

Mike

757件の閲覧回数
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @Hui_Ma,

Thank you for informing me.

0 件の賞賛
返信