Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX-RT1062 USB High Speed isolator schematic

Jump to solution
palain755
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am designing a PCB with I.MX RT 1062 controller and USB High-Speed interface. I must add an isolator on the USB High-Speed interface, such as ADUM4166. Before manufacturing, I would like to know if somebody has experience with it, if there are limitations or is it compatible ?

In addition, if somebody has experience with an equivalent Isolated High-Speed USB solution, I would also be interested  

Regards,

P.-A

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sagonzal
Contributor III

Hi there. I have some experience with several isolators, specially fiber optics for serial comms.

But USB is another beast due to the speed, in the past I'd used Analog devices like the one you are proposing and have worked out of the shelf.

Nevertheless, since the part you suggest has a evaluation board (the EVAL-ADuM4165EBZ), just use that eval board with your RT 1062 and test with it before you do your final design. It really makes sense. Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sagonzal
Contributor III

Hi there. I have some experience with several isolators, specially fiber optics for serial comms.

But USB is another beast due to the speed, in the past I'd used Analog devices like the one you are proposing and have worked out of the shelf.

Nevertheless, since the part you suggest has a evaluation board (the EVAL-ADuM4165EBZ), just use that eval board with your RT 1062 and test with it before you do your final design. It really makes sense. Cheers.

0 Kudos
palain755
Contributor I
Hi, Thank you for sharing your experience. I will definitely go for the Evaluation kit.
0 Kudos