Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCDC converter maximum current on 1.8V

Dee_m
Contributor II

Hi,

We are designing a custom RT1166 board.

All our GPIO supplies are at 3.3V. We are planning to use the build-in DC-DC converter for 1.8V and 1.0V and those would supply only the mcu modules. No external component will use the mcu generated 1.8V and 1.0V.

As we see, from the IMXRT116x datasheet the worst case loading of the DCDC converter on 1.8V output is 150mA (table 21, page 38), whereas, worst case current required from 1.8V supply is more than 160mA (table 12, page 29). We understand that the scenario in table 12 is to be avoided. But, then what may be the typical current requirement, considering all internal power rails with 1.8V (VDDA_1P8_IN, VDD_USB_1P8, VDDA_ADC_1P8, VDD_MIPI_1P8) are supplied for the related modules?

Moreover, LDO_PLL, LPSR_LDO_DIG have 120mA maximum loading. This is on the higher side considering the DCDC 1.8V output typical current is 80mA.

Thus, is it recommended to use external 1.8V supply even for the mcu modules (modules rated for 1.8V only) ? Can we get rid of external 1.8V supply?

We are confused. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

I noticed that you have another similar case, so I will follow up on this last one that I mention.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos