Confusing pin-diagram for LPSPI3 on MIMXRT1180-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing pin-diagram for LPSPI3 on MIMXRT1180-EVK

violkvas
Contributor I

I'm trying to utilize the LPSPI3 bus with an existing project that is tried and tested on the MIMXRT1170-EVK board, but I cannot figure out for the life of me which pins to use.

In the MIMXRT1180-EVK Board User Manual [UM1202] it says that the J44 header has pins 3-6 which can be used for SPI and that they should be routed to ports GPIO_SD_B0_0[0-3].

violkvas_0-1724230226053.png

But when I open the Pin-tool in MCUXpresso these ports doesn't exist. When I go to enable and route the LPSPI3 signals the only ports available are GPIO_SD_B1_0[0-3]. In the user manual it says that these ports are instead connected to mikroBUS socket on J62. 

violkvas_1-1724231225667.png

In the project example  lpspi_polling_b2b_transfer_master_cm7 that uses the LPSPI3 bus the J44 pins are routed to the GPIO_SD_B1_0[0-3] ports and the README also explicitly say that you should connect two boards with the J44 pins.

Right now I have my SPI device connected to the J44 pins, I have enabled and configured the LPSPI3 bus both in software and in the Peripherals-tool but it is not working. I don't know what's going wrong since the same software works great on the MIMXRT1170 and it uses the same pins (although labeled differently) but the documentation is conflicting.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @violkvas,

Since the RT1180 is still in preproduction and therefore not yet public, we are not able to provide you with information about this product on the public community forum just yet. Please contact your NXP representative that provided you with this device for the latest information about the LPSPI3 pins on the RT1180.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos