Am I missing something about MCU boot utility?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I missing something about MCU boot utility?

Alessandro_Alpi
Contributor II

Hi, I've recently started researching how to use MCU boot utility and I successfully connected it to my board (it's a custom one based on the mimxrt1060-EVK), but after that I receive the message "configure boot device via flashloader first!". Am I missing a step? Is it something inside MCU boot utility or do I have to use some other app (blhost, sdphost, mfgtool, ecc...) first?
Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Alessandro_Alpi,

The GitHub - JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility page shows the steps to follow on the readme.md file. Perhaps you are missing step 3.1 where you select the boot device and then configure it with the "Boot Device Configuration" button. Please follow these steps and let me know if you are able to move past this error message.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

Alessandro_Alpi
Contributor II

Hi, thanks for the fast response.
About the boot device configuration I did look at it and selected the typical device model "Winbond_W25QxxxJV" as I'm using a W25Q512JVBIQ, is there anything else I may have missed?
Thank you for the support.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Alessandro_Alpi,

Try unchecking the "One Step" option and doing the whole process step by step, as shown on section "4.1 Step-by-step connection" of the MCUBootUtility readme file. Let me know if you see any troubles this way, and in what step it happens. Also, make sure to use the latest version, it should be v6.1.0.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

Alessandro_Alpi
Contributor II

Hi, thank you for your support.
I actually had an older version, thank you for helping me notice that.
But from what I've seen it doesn't fix my problem.
While configuring boot device it gives me this error "kStatus_FlexSPINOR_SFDP_NotFound".
Because of that I've tried moving to MCUxpresso secure provisioning tool and it also gives me that error if I use the simplified FlexSPI NOR configuration, but if I use the complete FCB configuration and select "Use FCB from source image" I can evade that error.
That's why I shifted my attention more on the direction of Secure Provisioning Tool.
I've actually started another thread (https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Unable-to-write-image-into-the-flash/m-p/1822573#M29191) since now I can't figure out how to send an "enable write" command to my flash memory.
Thank you again for your support, if you have any idea on how to help me with either problems please reply to me in this or the other thread.

0 Kudos