cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yuv to rgb in OpenGL ES in iMX6

Jump to solution
RagFox
Contributor II

I have a simple video player android application to showcase the video codec. I need hardware acceleration (using the GPU) for YUV to RGB conversion. As i searched the best way is to use OpenGL ES. Can anyone guide me where i can start with. I mean any example code specific to iMX6 using andorid APIs. I tried integrating some code in the GPU demo but that is not working as i could not find alternative to find  fbGetDisplayByIndex and fbCreateWindow. Please help

Regards,

Ragesh

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Ragesh

You can download  gpu_sdk_v1.00.tar.gz from freescale.com.

i.MX6D Product Summary Page

IMX6_GPU_SDK : i.MX6 Graphics SDK – Includes sample, demo code, and documentation for working with the i.MX6X family graphics cores. Includes OpenVG, OpenGL ES, and GAL2D reference files.

Size (K): 21065 Format: gz Rev #: 1.0.0 Modified: 1/25/2013

Grace

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Ragesh

You can download  gpu_sdk_v1.00.tar.gz from freescale.com.

i.MX6D Product Summary Page

IMX6_GPU_SDK : i.MX6 Graphics SDK – Includes sample, demo code, and documentation for working with the i.MX6X family graphics cores. Includes OpenVG, OpenGL ES, and GAL2D reference files.

Size (K): 21065 Format: gz Rev #: 1.0.0 Modified: 1/25/2013

Grace

0 Kudos
ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you explain your use case to me? Are you doing some kind of decoding? Do you want to use a video as a texture in openGL ES?

Michel

0 Kudos
RagFox
Contributor II

Hi Michel,

I am demoing our video decoder's performance on iMX6 board. But the YUV to RGB conversion is reducing my FPS as it is done by CPU. In order to transfer the load of YUV to RGB conversion to GPU one can load the image into a texture, load a fragment shader performing the color conversion and draw using vertex shaders. I am looking for a sample code in iMX android to do this. I got the functions. But i don't know how to display the OpenglES frame.

-Ragesh

0 Kudos
ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Our team in china may have sample code for that. I'll get back to you when they return from vacations next week.

Michel

0 Kudos
RagFox
Contributor II

Hi Michel,

Could you please let me know the availability of the sample code.

Best Regards

Ragesh

0 Kudos
ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Here is a 3D app that does YUV to RGB conversion in a shader.

Our R&D team recommends doing the YUV to RGB using the IPU CSC if you have s single layer overlay since it's done on the fly.

If you have complicated overlays go with the GPU.

Michel

0 Kudos
RagFox
Contributor II

Thank you Michel

0 Kudos
RagFox
Contributor II

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the reply. Waiting for the code. Meanwhile we are trying to integrate into VLC android app which has this feature.

Thanks,

Ragesh

0 Kudos