Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto support for deb or ipk packages

davidvescovi
Contributor V

My yocto build using L4.14.98 GA release is using a local.conf with the line:

PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"

According to the yocto manual you can also add "package_deb package_ipk"

I need support for these package types also but when I add anything other than rpm I get this error:

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: linux-imx-4.14.98-r0 do_package_write_deb: Error executing a python function in exec_python_func() autogenerated:
The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this exception/failure was:
File: 'exec_python_func() autogenerated', lineno: 2, function: <module>
     0001:
 *** 0002:do_package_deb(d)
     0003:
File: '/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/sources/poky/meta/classes/package_deb.bbclass', lineno: 102, function: do_package_deb
     0098:
     0099:    os.chdir(oldcwd)
     0100:
     0101:    if error:
 *** 0102:        raise error
     0103:}
     0104:do_package_deb[vardeps] += "deb_write_pkg"
     0105:do_package_deb[vardepsexclude] = "BB_NUMBER_THREADS"
     0106:
Exception: subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'PATH="/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/sources/poky/scripts:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-poky-linux:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/bin/crossscripts:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/sbin:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/bin:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/hosttools" dpkg-deb -b /datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/packages-split/kernel-module-snd-usbmidi-lib-4.14.98-imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga+g5d6cbeafb80c /datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/deploy-debs/imx8mmevk' returned non-zero exit status 2.
Subprocess output:
dpkg-deb: error: package name has characters that aren't lowercase alphanums or '-+.'
ERROR: linux-imx-4.14.98-r0 do_package_write_deb: Function failed: do_package_deb
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/bld8mm_xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/temp/log.do_package_write_deb.98668
ERROR: Task (/datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.14.98.bb:do_package_write_deb) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3978 tasks of which 3969 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
NOTE: Writing buildhistory
Summary: 1 task failed:
  /datadrive/imx_yocto-bspml/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.14.98.bb:do_package_write_deb
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
d
Any idea what is going on?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Sun1z
Contributor III

Hi,

Have you solved the issue, I got the very same issue. there are some tasks that have deb package built before linux-imx task, so I don't think it's related with package management.

# RE-EDIT

As the hint from the error message that file name can't be '_' while in linux-imx there are some package data named with '_', use laurent vaudoit 's patch fixed it in bbappend or whatever:

LOCALVERSION = "-${@'${SRCBRANCH}'.replace('_', '-')}"

B.R.

Nus

anhui527
Contributor III

Sun1z:

i have the same issue on this building . could you please tell me into which conf file the "LOCALVERSION = "-${@'${SRCBRANCH}'.replace('_', '-')}"" should be added ? thanks .

0 Kudos

anhui527
Contributor III

it is adding into file of linux-imx_4.14.98.bb

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

Maybe these links will help you

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328199 

Yocto with a package manager (ex: apt-get) 

Regards

0 Kudos