yocto imx6 ipu issues and is it possible to initialise all displays automatically?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto imx6 ipu issues and is it possible to initialise all displays automatically?

sonijcp
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using three displays (or attempting to) Is it possible to have all three fb0, fb2, and fb4 enabled at boot I know they can be manually enabled by doing echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fbx/blank but I though there was probably a more elegant way of doing this.

Also I can't seem to make differnt resolutions on hdmi and LVDS work when I activate hdmi the first lvds always takes on the parameters of the hdmi I've even tried manually setting hdmi and lvds to different ipus

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi james

I think you can pass appropriate parameter to framebuffer structure

AN3974 Different Display Configurations on i.MX35 Linux PDK

sect.3.1.1 Linux Framebuffer Structures, parameter int (*fb_blank)(int blank, struct fb_info *info).

The same appnote shows necessary steps for adjusting necessary resolution, and

one can adjust it for hdmi and LVDS.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sonijcp
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

thanks for your help so far, my main issue at the moment is that I want to be able to run 2 independent LVDS and 1 hdmi output all with different content. The variscite device tree set one of the LVDS channels to be on the same IPU as the HDMI (hence the resolution shift when hdmi was enabled.)

I've now switched both LVDS to IPU2 and they both work but I can't enable the hdmi, dmesg shows the video controller being detected but all parameters for the relevant framebuffer are incorrect. Any ideas what's happening?

0 Kudos