cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[yocto] - iMX6 sabrelite bitbake fails for core-image-minimal

arjunsuresh
Contributor I

Hi,

I was trying to bringup my iMX6 sabrelite dev board for some tests and faced issue while doing build for bitbake core-image-minimal. My host dev platform is Ubuntu12.04(x86_64/3.13.0-117). I am pasting the snippet of the failure inline. Also, I am attaching the build log of the module that failed with this post.

________________________________________________________________________________

| /usr/local/bin/ld: mpn/.libs/invert_limb.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against protected symbol `__gmpn_invert_limb_table' can not be used when making a shared object
| /usr/local/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| make[2]: *** [Makefile:836: libgmp.la] Error 1
| make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/arjuns/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gmp-native/5.1.1-r0/build'
| make[1]: *** [Makefile:926: all-recursive] Error 1
| make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/arjuns/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gmp-native/5.1.1-r0/build'
| make: *** [Makefile:744: all] Error 2
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/arjuns/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gmp-native/5.1.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.26709)
ERROR: Task 913 (virtual:native:/home/arjuns/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp_5.1.1.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 437 tasks of which 134 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
virtual:native:/home/arjuns/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp_5.1.1.bb, do_compile
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

________________________________________________________________________________

Please let me know, how can I fix this problem. Also, let me know if more information is needed to help the community to look into it.  Googling couldn't get me any reasonable explanation, why its happening!

-arjunsr

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello arjunsr,

Which branch of the FSL Community BSP are you using? Newer branches require Ubuntu 14.04 upwards.

I would also recommend making sure you have all the required packages for the Yocto project installed. For example, for Krogoth (2.1) they are listed here:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros

From some other thread, I was reading of a bug similar to what you are seeing but that should be fixed, although it would also depend on the branch.

Regards,

0 Kudos

arjunsuresh
Contributor I

Hi Gusarambula,

Am using daisy branch. poky 1.6.3.

<!ENTITY DISTRO "1.6.3">
<!ENTITY DISTRO_COMPRESSED "163">
<!ENTITY DISTRO_NAME "daisy">
<!ENTITY YOCTO_DOC_VERSION "1.6.3">
<!ENTITY POKYVERSION "11.0.3">

Other reports of this issue seems to be a bug with gcc 5 interpretation of -fPIC. And my machine isn't using gcc5.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello arjunsr,

Does the problem continue? What machine are you using?

If possible, I would try reproducing it on a newer branch as Daisy is somewhat old and from similar bug reports it looks like this error was fixed in newer branches.

Regards,

0 Kudos