cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto hob error

心刚王
Contributor II

hi,community!

i want to create an image for my imx6 device (use yocto hob),but i got an error as below,

Trying to resolve runtime dependency libgl resulted in conflicting PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries being found.

The providers found were: ['/disk/workspace/imx6/yocto/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_3.10.17-1.0.0-hfp.bb', '/disk/workspace/imx6/yocto/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_9.1.6.bb']

The PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries resulting in this conflict were: ['PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl = gpu-viv-bin-mx6q', 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/mesa = mesa']

Thanks & Regards,

Tags (3)
7 Replies

durmus
Contributor IV

Hi,

The following workaround works for me, though I'm not sure if it is a proper thing to do:

Since there are 2 conflicting PREFERRED_PROVIDERs, I've just removed the one in /sources/poky/...

I've edited the line in the file mesa-gl_9.2.5.bb (your version might be different) inside the folder /fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa as follows:

PROVIDES = "virtual/libgl virtual/mesa" ---->>>> PROVIDES = ""

And that's it. I'm now able to build images for i.MX6 using hob in daisy.

joëlesponde
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks Durmus for your workaround !!

For Yocto Fido 1.8, I had to modify two files:

- sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa.inc

- sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-gl_10.4.4.bb

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately this is a known issue when using metadata from daisy on HOB so if using daisy you would need to use bitbake regularly. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos

gavingreenwalt
Contributor III

Just to be clear.  HOB doesn't work With daisy for i.MX6?  Is there a work around?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately that's correct, HOB does not work because of some conflicts on the Freescale BSP (it is not related to poky daisy strictly speaking). There is not a work around as of today.

dauphinalexandr
Contributor II

hi,

I'd like to know if the problem occurs only for daisy or there is the same problem for the other branchs   ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Only in Daisy that I know of. Hob works okay with Dora. I haven't tried it with Dizzy personally but HOB will be replaced by Toaster.