cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto Remove unwanted pacakge from core-image-minimal

vivsundar
Contributor III

Hi 
I am building an image for my custom board.  I use the core-image-minimal and add packages needed by using 

IMAGE_INSTALL:append = " valgrind"

I add this line in local.conf file so the core-image-minimal gets build with valgrind in this case. 
But the default core-image-minimal also contains 

dpkg and apt packages

These packages are not needed in my RFS. I tried removing them with: 

IMAGE_INSTALL:remove = " dpkg apt "

But the packages did not get removed.  Can someone point me to the right configuration option to remove these packages?

I use kirkstone-5.15 branch for my development. 

I also tried adding the following lines to local.conf
DISTRO_FEATURE:remove = " dpkg apt"
Even this did not work.

Thanks,

Vivek Sundar T

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vivsundar 

As mentioned these two package that should be having dependencies with other packages. So, like using IMAGE_INSTALL or PACKAGE_FEATURE won't really work. 

To remove them at a later action might be possible. like write <recipe>.bbappend which does remove work.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

vivsundar
Contributor III

Hi @Harvey021 

I tried checking the dependencies of the module I want to remove: dpkg.   Ran bitbake -g dpkg command and it generated dependency graphs using the dot syntax.

I see a lot of recipe's depend on this dpkg package.  Is there a way to break these dependencies so that the dpkg does not get included in the final image that is produced.  The aim is to reduce the size of core-image-minimal.

thanks,

Vivek Sundar T  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

vivsundar
Contributor III

@Harvey021  Can give me more clarity on your statement:

To remove them at a later action might be possible. like write <recipe>.bbappend which does remove work.

What should I do in the bbappend file?  Did you intend to use ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMANDS in the bbappend file?

0 Kudos