cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xl create/list anything gives: failed to retrieve maximum cpus

Ahelion
Contributor IV

Hello experts,

I have the imx8qm mek board, I have linux 5.10.9 on it ( premade images, not made by me, what I downloaded from nxp website) and it can boot XEN, in u-boot i write : run xenmmcboot, but the xl tool gives this error:

Ahelion_0-1710506987546.png

Any ideea how to fix it?

Please do not reference linux 4.4 or nxp virt guide pdf, they are old and  the linux does not compile, and the pdf is out of date with the info inside, can not be reused.

I need to know how to run 2 linuxes in Linux 5.10 ( or newer), linux 5.10 also does not build anymore in yocto( not default I mean, need to do several patches and configs to have anything build).

Br, Mircea

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ahelion ,

I hope you're doing well! 

Did you partition an SD card (16 GB+) with 3 partitions? The first partition is used to hold image, and imx8qm-mek-dom0.dtb, while the second partition is used for Yocto rootfs. 

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

Ahelion
Contributor IV
no, as the yocto is not building. is there a way to using newer linuxes? which have working yocto builds?

I am curios of the error message, what does it mean?
0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ahelion ,

The last version of our Linux BSP that included XEN by default is 5.10.52_2.1.0 (Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP Semiconductors). Regarding the errors with Yocto, could you share in more detail what problems have you encountered?

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos