cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xen and jailhouse virtualization

weideding
Contributor II

Hi

I am using i.mx8mq, from recent its BSP, it only supports jailhouse, do you think it is possible to run Android inside it? I want to run yocto+android together over i.mx8mq.

As I known i.mx8quadmax could run XEN, but  i.mx8mq cannot support XEN. Do you think it is possible to run XEN over i.mx8mq? If yes, our company may work on this.  the performance  will be very poor? Or Does NXP have some release plan to implement XEN over i.mx8m?

Thanks for your attentions!

8 Replies

muniasamy_ramar
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Do you have  any update to support  with Linux on XEN hypervisor for  i.MX 8QuadXPlus Multisensory Enablement Kit (MEK) .

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

dhty2015
Contributor II

请问怎么在yocto编译中加入jailhouse?我在发布的文档上没有找到相应的描述

0 Kudos

dhty2015
Contributor II

已经在4.14.98文档中找到。

0 Kudos

weideding
Contributor II

Already got the answers, i.mx8m is possible to run Android inside jailhouse, but should take care of assigning hardware resources, such only have one GPU, VPU etc.

i.mx8m does not have SMMU like i.mx8quadmax, it is not good for XEN with using paradriver.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, and we don't have plan to support virtualized Android using XEN or Jailhouse on i.MX8MQ currently

0 Kudos

baodongchen
Contributor II

How about imx8qxp,  is it possible run android along with linux on top of xen?

I see 'domu-imx8qm-mek-androidauto.cfg' with device pass through feature, but for imx8qxp,  only 'domu-imx8qxp.cfg'.

imx-xen

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, we have this plan to run on the imx8qxp

0 Kudos

longting_6
Contributor I

Hi Joan, about i.mx8qxp, is there any update to support android along with linux on xen currently? Thanks.

0 Kudos