cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with the usb devices and hidraw hidraw

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi,

currently i am working with the imx6qp sabre ai board. with kernel version 4.1.15. and yocto build.

current issue with detection of usb devices as hidraw.

i can't see the NODE create in /dev as hidraw* . i.e. In the other board :  when ever a new hid usb is connected udev creates a node in /dev as /dev/hidraw* and a usb node.

but in over Freescale board that did not work please help me how to resolve this issue..?

Regards,

Lavakumar S

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you ensured the proper USB Host functionality in terms of software (Host driver) and hardware (proper Vbus, connection and grounded ID pin on OTG ports).

You could refer to the following link for additional details:

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|NXP 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi CarlosCasillas,

Thanks for the reply carlos.

Now i understood that we need to enable 'hidraw' and 'hiddev' options in kernel configuration .

What i did is used below commands to work on menuconfig i.e.

bitbake -c ceansstate linux-imx

bitbake -c menuconfig linux-imx

(changed required options)

copied .config to ../source/meta-fsl-arm/recipe-kernel/linux/linux-imx-3.14.38/imx/defconfig

cp /linux-imx/build/.config fsl-release-ivi/source/meta-fsl-arm/recipe-kernel/linux/linux-imx-3.14.38/imx/defconfig

and

bitbake "main core image"

but after building main image i couldn't see the changes on board.

if do : bitbake -c menuconfig linux-imx .

i still can not see the changes.

can someone help to retain the changes made in kernel.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos