why is my i .MX 8M NANO HDMI not working after following the Quick start guide??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my i .MX 8M NANO HDMI not working after following the Quick start guide??

antonior1994
Contributor II

I currently unboxed my i .MX 8M NANO and I followed the Quick Start Guide but I don't get any HDMI signal on my display. Any idea why that is? I set the boot switches to 0100 so it should be booting from eMMC. On the guide it says that it should boot up with Android but I do not get any signal on my screen. I have already tried various HDMI cables.

It is the 8MNANOD4-EVK.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You have USB debug connected, does it output anything?

Also, could you check that the mini-SAS cable is correctly connected to J801?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos

antonior1994
Contributor II

Hello Aldo,

Thank you for responding. 

I do have the USB debug connected and it does not display anything.

The mini-SAS cable is properly connected to J801. I tried flipping the cable to see if it made a difference but it did not I still have a blank screen. 

I am using a Acer Full HD (1920 x 1080) as my output display.

BR

Antonio

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for checking, I'm afraid that if no debug log is seen then the device is not booting correctly or there is no image flashed into the eMMC.

Please double check that the boot switch configuration is correct, if there is still no boot log then please try to flash android image to the eMMC.

You'll find Android BSP Android P9.0.0_2.3.2 (4.14 kernel) here:

Demo Image – i.MX 8M Nano EVK

For a guide on how to flash Android image please follow Android_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf, you'll find this document here:

Android P9.0.0_2.3.2 Documentation

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

antonior1994
Contributor II

Thank you Aldo. I tried to open the uuu_imx_android_flash following the steps in the document you provided but I am having some issues. I posted another question about it .

https://community.nxp.com/thread/531824 

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Antonio,

Glad to help you, I saw your post, adding to what Igor said, please remember that uuu script needs to be executed trough cmd/powershell i.e. with the following command:
.\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mn -a -e

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos

antonior1994
Contributor II

Thank you. That part is not very clear in the documentation. I was able to flash the android image with no errors. Now the Status LED is green (it was not before). 

When I plug in the HDMI I still do not get an image. I am confused about the u-boot part after flashing the image. Can you guide me on that? Is u-boot something I should do on my windows machine or is it something I am supposed to do on the IMX8M NANO? This comes from following the Android quick Starter guide section 3.4 and 3.4.1. Where do I set the U-Boot enviroment variables? 

0 Kudos